My boyfriend hates when I sing should I be okay with that?

Anonymous
I’m a professional singer. I sing a lot of musical theater of all genres (rock, pop..) etc. I perform consistently and have played many lead roles in musicals such as grease, hairspray, mamma Mia, etc. and have been vocally trained in opera and so on since I was a child which is very difficult to perfect and although it’s not everyone’s cup of tea it takes a lot of talent to sing like that. I am talented and I am sure of that, all of my exes would get goosebumps and go crazy happy when I would sing and they would support all of my shows. Everytime I sing around him he’ll start talking over me to ask me a question, or walk away or go silent. I ask him constantly if I sound good and he just says yeah. I’m not trying to sound like I’m full of myself but I am very confident in my voice and he doesn’t even acknowledge me and it hurts because singing and performing is so important to me. He hates musicals and thinks it’s all opera (which it’s not). Even when I sing rock/alternative music he doesn’t like it either so I don’t think it’s because of genre. I feel like he just hates my voice and it’s really bothering me because he’s my boyfriend and should be supportive. I support him in everything he does, constantly compliment him and make him feel good. Why is it so hard to do that for me? I’m 22 and he’s 25 also…but is immature for his age.
My boyfriend hates when I sing should I be okay with that?
Add Opinion