Why Heterosexual Couples Shouldn't Be Allowed to Adopt

Note: Please read everything before commenting

1. They'll push their straight agenda onto their kids!

Almost every heterosexual couple WILL assume that their child is straight, because they are. Even as babies, they will talk about how "Little Tommy is such a ladies' man!" Or "Tiny Sarah is so pretty, she's going to get ALL the boys!!"

Behaviors such as these could SERIOUSLY HARM their children!!

2. They could rape their sons and daughters!!

If a mother has a son, she could rape him, as she is attracted to males!! Same goes for fathers and their daughters. This just is not safe for the children.

3. They will FORCE their beliefs onto their children

If they're religious, they'll force their children into that region as well! They could force their children into the belief that ONLY boys and girls can get married, and transgender people don't exist!

4. Many heterosexual couples experience domestic violence, which brings danger to the children

The amount of abusive relationships in heterosexual couples IS SO HIGH! This produces a danger to the children, because they could get into the middle of one of these fights and get seriously injured.

5. If they cannot have children, that is their own fault!!!

If the mother is infertile, and the father wants a child, THATS HIS FAULT! He shouldn't have married someone who he knows he cannot have children with, so they should not be able to adopt.

That sounds pretty stupid right?

These problems exist in both kinds of couples, regardless of whether it is male and male, female and female, or female and male.

Many homosexual couples are perfectly capable people who would make wonderful parents, just like straight couples. And some are terrible parents, but that is the same for heterosexual parents. They are the same.

It depends on the people, not on their sexualities.

1442

Most Helpful Guy

• My word,

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• The amount of people who can't see the satire is astounding. And I thought I took things too literally.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 41

• Yes it depends on the people.

Did you know that LGBT people have a higher rate of depression and suicide than the normal population? Most would call it a mental illness, caused by their sexual condition.

Most adoption agencies screen candidates for these things, and the high rate of mental illness among LGBT is a good reason to exclude them from adopting. They wouldn't even be having children in the first place if they were LGBT.

• I won't argue that we aren't depressed, we are. But thats because of parents not accepting us, laws against it, etc. Its because we aren't accepted, not because we are LGBT.

• Well that may only be part of it. The most recent studies... at least for transgender people... is that it doesn't matter whether they are secretly or openly trans. They have an attempted suicide rate of 50%. Even when they have told nobody, they have a 50/50 chance of trying to kill themselves.

The bottom line is that LGBT people know that they are not normal. They'd like to think so, but when 99.9% of the population are heterosexual... and they are not, they know that something is wrong. The only difference now is that the internet has connected this 0.1% of the population together. Among the entire 7 billion humans on the planet, that equals a lot of LGBT people. But still a minor fraction of the population.

A sexual deviancy towards the extreme is a mental illness. You are either normal (hetero) or not normal... regardless of whether you are into gay/lesbian/pedophilia/beastiality... etc. The underlying issue is that the brain is telling you the wrong thing.

• Yes yes - you are depressed because X Y Z (external factors).

In other words: You are a victim and have no control over your own happiness. Right?

Well, you kind of are right - because you seem to have no control over your sick sexual urges!

• Moral of the story:
    - Heterosexuals can't Adopt
    - Only LGBT should be allowed to adopt

Hahaha this is so funny, i actually think that gays or lesbians don´t understand that they can't make babies, its like they really think that the world was made for them and their rules are the best

• Did you not read the ending?
      I said these problems existed in BOTH of the types of couples.

• Nice if existe in Both why the title is "Why Heterosexual Couples Shouldn't Be Allowed to Adopt" and not "Why Couples Shouldn't Be Allowed to Adopt" ? typical stereotype where it happens in both but only LGBT people are correct. What next? "Heterosexuals shouldn't be allowed to have sex because they make babies and can rape the babies... "

You are under 18, so people will forgive what you are saying

• One may be religious and believe that God (or a god) put humans on earth to live as heterosexuals and propagate and spread humanity. In that case, homosexuality is an aberration and is wrong. Or one may believe in evolution, including "mistakes" that die out rather than continue the line. And again, homosexuality is the mistake that would not continue the line.

I think that regardless of what you believe causes homosexuality to exist, the the individuals can be bad people, or great people. I believe that generally they should have the rights others have. And that they should not be stigmatized or mistreated because of their homosexuality. I have friends that I really like who are homosexual. I do not look down on them or avoid them, just as I would not do that for someone who is autistic, or who has cancer.

But I also believe that nurture can affect these things as can nature. I have known people who were heterosexual and described to me tragic events that caused them to change to homosexual. Of course, most have not had such an event, or at least do not know of one. But my point is that what we are presented in life can shape what we do and how we turn out. Many kids of parents who fight all the time gain a bad impression of marriage in general. If the parents are a happy couple, then the kids get a good impression.

If the parents are a homosexual couple that can influence the children. If they socialize mostly with homosexuals that can influence the children.

What I am saying is the the sexuality of the parents can affect the children. Not that they are bad parents or cause physical harm to the children. But they can affect the sexual growth of their children. It is not always just a simple biological factor.

And your myTake was well written. Just a lot of people on here who do not have good reading skills (to put it gently). Sometimes amazing the responses some people give showing a total lack of understanding.

• @Red_Arrow "I do not look down on them or avoid them, just as I would not do that for someone who is autistic, or who has cancer"
      This quote just made my day👌😂

• Based on my research homosexual foster parents are more likely to abuse children. I think being raised by a mother and father is what is best for children. I also believe this is God's will.

• I’m intrigued if you have the time I’m sure all those that liked this comment want to see that research and its sources.

• There are homosexual couples who force their beliefs onto their adopted children too and while males and females are naturally attracted to each other, there can be a case of same sex sexual abuse of children also. Look at how many Catholic men feel it's okay to have anal sex with a little boy. They feel it doesn't affect their celibacy.

'Atheists' are known to force their beliefs onto their children also and often times if their children were to become Christians, they will ridicule them for it. It happens in faiths all around the world. A Muslim man in Asia will disown a child who turns to Christianity.

I'm very certain that homosexual couples could violently attack each other also.

There's also instances where women and men lie about their fertility and get married. However, people divorce very quickly now and don't regret it. I would be devastated if a woman told me she was fertile and we got married and she lied. Lying in a relationship is a great sign that you're not compatible for each other, regardless if both lies or if just 1 of us lies.

• media.giphy.com/media/xT0xeJpnrWC4XWblEk/giphy.gif
    My God, this is eye opening! You are absolutely 100% right!
    Thanks to you I now know that adoption is child abuse and is therefore wrong!

Down with adoption! We mustn't allow the rape of children!

• Cultural Marxism at it's finest.

The dissonance-based "reasoning" of these "points" are perfect evidence of the moral, as well as intellectual decay, of modern "civilisation".

Is this a hasbara agent posting this *anonymously*?

• I know many homosexual couples that either have (sire or bear) biological children of their own, or adopt. BOTH of which contribute to the perpetuation of the species. Let's face it; rearing kids is WAY more important than just contributing your genes. Plus gay men donate sperm, and lesbians bear children anyway. So that's not a very cogent argument...

• And have you seen the divorce rate for heterosexual couples? I say we ban straight marriage right away!

• I'm sickened that as a society we've become so immoral that we're even considering giving heterosexuals the right to adopt.

• what do you mean by that?

• @joelkc I was playing off her position of using rhetoric that the opposition may use against same sex couples with heterosexuals instead.

• This would have been so much better if you had the balls to not post anon :P

• No, I don't believe that two men should be raising a child, nor two women. A man and a women are very different from one another and both offer the child different perspectives during adolescence. They distinguish roles that are onset by biology and it creates a healthy balance. Most of the guys who grew up without dads didn't end up being very successful, or they just have a lot of personality flaws. A child deserves the best upbringing and homosexual couples would offset the natural order of things which isn't fair to the child. I get that this is satire though.

• It does not at all sound very stupid because being straight means that you continue the species, something lgbt people will never be able to do. That means that it is in the reproductive interests of our species to be straight and everything that comes with it.

• Wrong answer; false to fact. But thanks for playing... I know many homosexual couples that either have (sire or bear) biological children of their own, or adopt. BOTH of which contribute to the perpetuation of the species.

• 1. Even on an opinion site, if your answer includes a or is based on a lie, it's wrong. 2. no one is talking about replacement of hetoroseexual reproduction with homosedxual reproduction; just pointing out that a) homesexuals DO reproduce, invalidating your argument that it's against the reproductive interests of the species, and b) there is no additional cost burden; so THAT argument is moot. 3) the idea that lgbt people lack a "nurture element" is ludicrous, in the light of the fact that they not only adopt, but raise hertosexual kids.

• @taleswapper Lol I've just seen that you are a boomer, explains a lot. Go drink bleach and die already we dont need any more of your faggot generation.

• ... which is why just as many homosexual couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt either.

• Tf are you talking about

We out here protesting Men and Women from being with each other now and adopting? What has this world come to bruh

• Oh sure, you could use "facts" and "logic" to prove that homosexual couples make great parents. But I've got a holy book written by bigots! You can't argue with that.

• But you must acknowledge that LGBT parents pass degeneracy onto their children in many cases.

• Well one, very very few people are fighting against gays adopting so this is rather pointless as the vast majority of people are already fully aware that a gay person is no more likely to rape a child then a straight one or what have you. That said, their is evidence that children do better in heterosexual couple homes comparative to homosexual ones because we are a gender binary species and as such we need examples to emulate/learn from in order to fully function with both genders and to be able to understand ourselves. This is one of the primary arguments some people have for prioritizing heterosexual couples over homosexual couples, but as far as I have seen they are not saying homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt at all. Again, only a small minority of people think that.

• only heterosexual people can make babies, and thus, should be the only ones raising them. period.

• 1. I'd like to see where you got that from.

2. I'd like to see how many people actually rape their kids. I highly doubt it's high.

3. Isn't that what religious families in general already do?

4. Many is not most. Maybe the amount of heterosexual relationships is high, which is why the abuse is high. It's not because heterosexual couples have more abuse, just that there are more couples in general. Please give us citations. Even more so, kids that are in orphanages have a higher rate of suicide compare to those adopted.

5. So let me get this straight, you think people should marry each other to reproduce?

I think that adoption is a great thing because the kids would get raised in a better environment than an orphanage.

• Well marriage does have a family based tradition to it. Many people marry because they want to start a family.

• Many married people want their own biological children than adopted children.

However, you're right that married people marry for other reasons than to have children but that's in the minority of marriages.

• Someone doesn't understand satire

• More from Guys
    21

What Girls Said 13

• Everything you wrote is a lie from the devils mouth. It is a choice to be that way. Nobody is actually born like that. Espcially if one doesn't even KNOW what homosexually is? I looked at so many celebraties and people who were children, and many of them NEVER showed homosexual signs until they've reached a certain age of such popularity and got into those industries.

And #3, is a MAJOR BIG FAT LIE. Nobody has to force you to believe or do anything you don't want to do. Doesn't mean anybody have to 'tolerate' it either. If peope wants to believe that and live that kind of life, go ahead. But nobody is going to force me to accept it. I can respect a person who is homosexual. But it doesn't mean I respect what they do in the bedroom, It shouldn't be my business. Children don't need the confusion. They need to see a man and a woman together. They never ASKED to be raised by couples who aren't straight. And many don't like the idea of it. But Adults, and those in the LGBTQ+ Agenda promote it and force it down our throats and innocent children's throats. Funny how 'religion' is taken out of schools, but anything like this, its either accept OR ELSE.

• The adaption agencies are more likely to hand over kids to heterosexual couples than the gay ones. Let's get it straight, every parent, whether straight or not, has expectations for their children along the lines of what they believe in or cultural traditions. It isn't going to change.

• It was the most stupidest mytake i ever read, didn't make sense until the last paragraph.

• the point of all of it IS supposed to sound incredibly stupid. The last paragraph explains how stupid it does sound, and how the arguments against LGBT parents adopting has exactly the same amount of stupidity,

• I like the point that you are making. The same arguments against why a homosexual couple should not adopt kids can be made against a straight couple as well

• You just want to stir the pot. Fair enough. But I doubt you'll really achieve anything by fighting fire with fire.

• at first I was like, wtf lol, then I finished reading xD I feel the same way

• nice joke post

• Yes I agree

• A for effort

• Don't tell me, you also support the idea of being able to choose "genderless" on a baby's certificate?

Just because things may come to be, doesn't mean they're good, healthy or progressive. You may want to adopt, but it doesn't mean you would make a fit parent nor that you would teach the kid the right things.

• Actually no, I do not support the above!
      Majority of people ARE cisgender, meaning that unless the person says otherwise, it is basic care to assume they are the gender they were born as (it only becomes wrong once the person tells you they are genderless or transgender and you ignore that)

• To be honest, I wouldn't give too much credit to anyone who told me they were genderless, but to each their own.
      At least we agree on the first part, haha.

• Don’t appreciate or agree with this take at all.

• Ok, no comment.

• whats the difference between them and gay couples? and who says all heterosexual couples force beliefs on their kids? Ok, so its our fault, yeah lets just say my friend over there had cancer and can't have kids any more... its her fault. and even if it is they should still have the right to take care of a kid who maybe was left by the parents dont you think?

omg... this was all a... troll ugh... YES IT DEPENDS ON THE PEOPLE lol, but um why didn't u just write a take on that instead?

• I literally said that these kinds of parents who do these exist in all kinds of couples. This my take was showing how STUPID these reasons would look if applied to heterosexual parents, yet for some reason are accepted as logical reasons why homosexual couples couldn't adopt.

• wow, i guess u are right about it being unfair. i always thought that it was fair, nice take