Why I feel like my age is holding me back from wishing I can have kid like memories again

Paolaa988

People say: "Age is only a number" "You're as old as you feel and care for yourself" which i highly believe because caring for your body and appearance takes a toll and plays a factor in how old you can look despite what your birthday may say. But i feel like age is holding me back when i hear people say " you need to grow up" "act like an adult" " you can't go back" it all hurts my heart because i have regret wishing i didn't rush growing up but today i read something inspiring. It was a comment someone made on a video. It said that "its up to you to let go of your childhood" and the feelings and experiences aren't defined by age. This also broke me into tears and has made me have this belief all along because I've felt it so much by how people have been saying age matters but if im 22 years old who is stopping me from going to chuck e cheese, six flags, the arcade etc still? shouldn't we all be able to live by the beat of our heart and not a number?

4
1

Most Helpful Guys

• bklynbadboy1
    Listen all you can do is live your life you can't go backwards. Live your life make some new memories
    Is this still revelant?
  • I don’t think you age is holding you back you can make the most of life at any age
    Is this still revelant?
    • Paolaa988

I guess my depression is coming from me thinking i can't do the same things again as i was a teen.

Most Helpful Girl

• Eleni079
    Not having to work.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

02
  • MyBigMystery
    Ye I don't real take stuff too seriously, people who say that are boring and want you to be. Don't be boring.
  • Wowboi
    Normal to feel that way around your age. And age isn't a number it's a word measured by a number 😋