Should I still have any hope?

here is the deal: this girl that I've liked for a long time and have been really good friends with for about 4 years was giving me mixed signals for a long time so its been hard for me to tell how she feels about me. I've tried asking her out places and tried to move towards the "boyfriend" zone but she doesn't seem to change the way she acts with me one way or another. Its near the end of high school so I realised that we would never have a relationship but I still really wanted to ask her to prom. She never mentions prom so I've never had a good opportunity to ask her but I didn't want to wait too late so I was going to wait until they started to sell the tickets to ask her. I didn't think that there were any guys who wanted to ask her so I was fine with waiting for the right opportunity to ask her. But then a couple of days before I was going to ask her I heard her say that she asked a guy to go with her but she hadn't heard back from him yet. I felt sick and shocked (I really thought that she wasn't the type to ask guys and I thought that she wanted to go with me) to make matters worse the guy that she asked is one of my best friends who both of us just met this year. He is a year older so he already had a prom and didn't really want to go to another one.the next day at the school dance, I danced with her a couple of times but then she danced with the other guy for about an hour so I thought that they would start dating each other. but since then I never see them hanging out or talking with each other. now a couple of weeks has passed and I still don't see them together at all and she still keeps giving off signs like before such as seeming like she's trying to get my attention and she smiles whenever she sees me or I talk to her. I was thinking that those were just meaningless signals and that she had no feelings for me at all but then something happened that sort of changed my mind. when I was walking home with her best friend who knows that I like her (and like most people she thinks that we would make a good couple) asked me if I had asked her to prom yet. I explained that she asked someone else so that I couldn't even though I wanted to. her friend insisted that I should ask her anyway (which I REALLY want to but I'm in an extremely awkward position). I'm still getting the feeling that she is interested in me even though I'm 99% sure that she isn't. Are those feelings just my imagination since I want her to like me or is there more too it?
Should I still have any hope?
Add Opinion