My best friend refuses to be my alibi for a night because she won't lie to my dad for me... am I really asking her to do a big thing?

Anonymous
I'm in a really sticky spot because I have a very protective dad who has different ideas on how I should live and he only will support the decisions he makes for me or if mine align with his. That said, he does not support the guy I wish to see (I am 22). He is a good man and I just want my dad to give me a chance at making my ow choices in who I want to see in my life. This guy lives 35 miles away up in a large city that I go to almost every other night as it is (I like driving through the city at night with all the lights and it's my escape). I drive there so frequently, sometimes every day just for kicks. Now, my dad set rules that I cannot drive there past sundown and I can never spend the night with a guy (even if I promise we won't do anything or that he needs to trust me). Once my dad sets rules, he doesn't budge. He told me I either follow them or he kicks me out (which since I'm a student currently I have no money).

I want to see this guy because I should be able to choose who I want in my life, plain and simple. He asked me out for tomorrow night, and since he works all day normally we can only hang out after 11pm. But we never do anything sexual. We honestly just hang out but at night. Weve done it before.

my best friend refuses to be my alibi for that night as she said she can't be part of the lie I tell my dad and I need to be honest with him. If I'm honest with him, he won't allow me out of the house. Plain and simple. But she won't help me and she said it's "tough love" she is giving me and that it's just not my time to be with this guy. What kind of friend is that? Coming from a girl who I saved from a heroin overdose and lied to her parents while she ran with a guy and shot up every night. She also sees her boyfriend and sleeps at his place every night. I've been there for her EVERY time.. and now she refuses to just tell my dad I'm with her that night. Am I asking too much?
2
1