Guys does my son's father have the right to come to my son's birthday and be in his life?

he hasn't been involved in our life that much. he is not even close to my son, when i was pregnant 5 years ago he choose to runaway as far as possible and leave us alone. Now when i moved on and decided to start a new life, relationship and college my ex wants another chance to get back with me even though he know that i'm with someone. yesterday he called me on the phone and told me that he is coming to his son's brithday!!! he said that his son needs to know about his real father not the fake one ( my boyfriend). he wants to spend time with my son and get to know each other. Even if he come my son won't recognize him. and i'm scared that he and my boyfriend would do something and ruin the party. i know it's his son too but i have a bad feeling about it.
4
3