How to get over not having friends anymore?

sometimes i miss hanging out with female friends, but at this moment i am on my own. I used to have friends.

I have one friend who never wants to hang out in my home but Always wants to go out to dinner like twice a year, i never hear from her again and the meetings always feel like a bussines meeting.

I had one ''best'' friend who never really respect my boundaries and was pretty narcisstic, she used to call us best friends but she was only there with me when she wanted to have fun but she wasnted someone i could call in the middle of the night. We had a petty argument and she blocked me and dropped me just like that.

I had one friend who i used to go out with all the time but she was very aggressive and just a bad person, she attacked me while she was semi drunk. I dropped her immediatly.

I have one friend who i can only call because she isn't the most social person and just hangs out with her boyfriend, like she drops her girlfriends for her boyfriend. She isn't really fun.

At 25, i feel so lonely and sometimes i get down because i miss that female bonding time, my sisters are estranged so we dont talk anymore (and no its not possible to contact them)

What can i do? and why do i have such bad luck finding friends, its like its Always their way and no one sincerly cares about me.

169

Most Helpful Guy

• If I were you, I would try to get into hobbies where you can be around other people and meet other people. You could join a team sport with make and female team mates, just sign up as a single player and you'll ht put onto a team maybe.

But if you have hobbies you can do by yourself, that is also fun. Still lonely but you don't notice as much because you are busy. Plus it makes you more curious to learn, more interesting to others when you meet them and just gives you something to do.

That's what I did, is he second thing, I was always into music, and when I had friends they got I to guitar and so did I. But eventually I became a loner, and was even having a rough time making friends at work. I just didn't connect with them and I was super shy. But one day I quit working for a while and found a course to learn how to make a guitar, so I took it, and it was only two months, but I am making another right now. It gives me a lot to think about at least.

I am kind of shit at it because I buy cheap equipment, and tools that sort of fuck up my work so it's taken me a long time and I've had to redo so many parts which is discouraging, but also keeps me busy to correct past mistakes or learn a better way to don't.

I also play bass, guitar, and I just started playing electronic drums, so I can put drum tracks into songs I write. I am a shitty singer, but someone's in certain songs my voice is alright. But writing lyrics can help with frustrations and even if hey don't make it into an actual song it can help get your shitty feelings out of your head and into something else. Even if you're just expressing it to yourself it helps. And it doesn't have to be songwriting, that's just my thing because I played instruments first. You could get a notepad or write a diary or whatever.

Anyways that's what I would do. Good luck! But also feeling crappy about it doesn't help, I know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whether it's online or by a family member, Id greatly encourage going SOMEWHERE to find new friends as soon as possible. I have a small group of close friends, but I tend to isolate myself naturally and get really lonely and sad when I don't have company for a certain period of time. I would find some new friends to spend time with ASAP so that you don't become too lonely. I'm sorry this isn't very helpful because my first answer is always "talk to people at school/college" but that most likely does not apply to you. Go out to places where you know other people have a mutual interest to make friends.

What Guys Said 8

• It sadly happens the best thing you can do is accept that freinds often come and go while others are not worth your time and just keep looking for someone worth your time and effort.
    It is not bad luck it is just that there are so many bad people in this world that are just selfish. Like dating it takes time effort and pain to find a gem.

I have lost several freinds who I thought I was close with only to learn that I'm not and if I never contact most of my freinds even the good ones they just won't ever contact me. That is how it is with most people. Do what you need and look for what you want till you find it in a good freind.

• We can start a club of not having friends together; I graduated a year ago and when you're working, friends aren't a thing for some reason..

• I don't really know how to help but I'll be your friend it's just nice having someone you can trust sometimes

• If you know exactly why you're feeling lonely... And from what you've described I think you do...
    You might be one of the rarest kind of person that might never get over the fact of not having friends anymore.

Believe it or not, I'm one of them too 😁

I won't say much here... but if you feel you can talk to a guy regarding this... someone who has experienced the same, feel free to private message me.

I would very like to know another one of my kind 😉

• I remember a time when I felt the same way. Go out. Do it regularly and at the same place. You'll eventually meet people who don't disgust you.

• Drink your tears.

• You could private message me when your lonely. I love a good chat.

• damn. it sounds like my life right now

What Girls Said 15

• Try to create new opportunities for yourself to meet new people. It's the only way to find potential friends

I met one of my good friends at the gym.

The more new things you try, and more places you go to , you have more opportunities to chat to people to create a bond with them

• I am the opposite of you. I love being alone and don't fell lonely, if I get lonely a day of bonding with anyone will suffice that loneliness for a year or more before I get lonely again.

• Omg I relate to this question so much I have had such horrible luck with friends also which has caused me to be more of a reserved person. Honestly use this time to get closer with yourself and spend some quality time with yourself. Go out to the mall or out to eat or do some kind of activity alone and trust me not only will you get to know yourself better but you will realize so much about others. Also don't rush things to get new best friends maybe try talking to new people at work and go out with them but let them come to you girl and I'm not saying put up a guard but realize what kind of people you want to be around and just go out and find that. It's going to take some time trust me but you will get there hope this helps.

• You can meet new friends anytime, no one never to old to make new friends. I have a few friends who I can trust and had some people recently who weren't really friends and changed. But I know I got good quality friends I known for longer. A true friend is someone who listen to you and helps you through hard time and vice versa. Also to have fun with.

Glad you realise that those were not good friends and everyone deserve to be treated good. I suggest don't get over not having friends anymore, but think positive and you will make new friends along the way.

• Get a pet

• Try joining social clubs and meet up groups :)

• take time to discover yourself, your interests that you have yet to discover while doing this you will meet new people along the journey and make new friends that you share common interest with usually if you meet them while you doing tasks you enjoy or are interested in. also it won't be that way forever just be social and yourself the world is a big place you are bound to find some true friends in the end! keep your head up :)

• By falling in love with yourself. Be your own buddy.

• Better to be alone than to be in bad company

• Get your ass out there and make new ones! :)

• I used to be the exact same way till I tried these 2 apps and I met some of my really good friends on there! I'd say try them out one of them is called vina it's an app just for girls who are looking for friends and the other one is bumble, it has a bff section

• Be strong you'll eventually find a good friend or maybe a group of friends. I have all guy friends since middle school. Every time I would try to make a female friend they either betray me or compete
    with me. Plus guys don't text very often so I don't have to be the phone very often listening about dating issues

• Yo I feel you. I don't have many friend and the ones I do have are all kind like yours. The kind of people who just aren't real friends. I'm 20 and I figure like it sucks right now but it'll take time. People are always shifting in their 20's in the next few years as we get older we'll meet the people who will stick around. My advice would just be trying to find new people somewhere. If you have a favourite coffee shop or library you go to. Maybe a church or club some kind of place to hang out you'll find people you have something in common with

• Girl I feel like I'm in the same boat sometimes, maybe we should be friends. don't be upset, nowadays making a true friend is real difficult. You seem like a really likable/relatable person.

• I'm sorry :( it sucks being alone. I get that