Why is wanting to be a housewife so looked down upon?

😭😭😭

1328

Most Helpful Guy

• Because you are not conforming to what feminists say you should want.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of contributing factors. It goes a lot deeper than feminism and the "patriarchy". Housewives have been looked been down upon for quite sometime.. at least as long as I can remember and I'm only 20. It was a completely different mindset many years ago. Housewives were generally seen as respectable members of society. However, as soon as we hit the 21st century, when the women percentage of women entering the career force skyrocketed and divorce rates were at an all time high (and are still climbing).. Housewives weren't exactly viewed as contributing members to society.

I think it's society's view in general. It's a new generation where most women don't aspire to be housewives anymore. So, naturally the idea of becoming housewife is becoming less and less of a popular concept... More and more women are pursuing careers and entering the workforce and look down upon those who only aspire to be housewives. The stereotypical view is that housewives are lazy, broke, have no special talents nor skills, contribute nothing to the household and sit around all day waiting for their husbands to bring in the dough.

That housewives are somehow "less" than than the modern-day working women. I personally believe that this is the main reason. This does not represent my personal views and I will not be expressing my personal views because that's not what you asked for. Hope this helps.

• correction: *when the percentage of women entering the career force*

• In the next 10-30 years you will notice an undescribable lonlyness on the trail of dispare of bitter relentless agressive women who chose a path worthy of individualism. A vanity of time spent on worthlessness , a master degree and all. Only to claim a false victory for humankind.

• @Djaaay I have absolutely no idea what it is you're going on about.

What Guys Said 27

• I don't know, people are nuts. Some think its demeaning when I think its attractive and needed! The mother gets to watch her kids grow and teach them and such!

• I don't think it's really looked down upon. That's great if you want to be a housewife or stay at home mother. It's a lot of work, and can sometimes make the relationship or family work better. If two people are working, who's going to give the children attention? Who's going to give each other attention? Both will be tired as well. There's a lot of benefits to being a housewife or stay at home mom. A lot of women are that way and a lot of men like that. It shouldn't be looked down upon, if it does, then proceed to ignore and do what you like. Of course there's downsides like, if you need help financially for paying expenses, you might need a way to get some money

• you should not care about those people. be happy with whatever you want to be.

• First of all don’t pay any attention to anyone who is demeaning being a housewife. Ignore them and do what you feel is what you want to do. There are a lot of guys that will support you on that because that is so rare. Those that don’t ignore them too. The why it is looked down upon is politically motivated by what amounts to Feminist control and manipulation of society to suit some ulterior agenda and most of your peers are trained to follow that. You do your own thing as you see it.

• Because idiot feminist think you should break from the patriarchy.
    They are idiots because the whole point was to give women the choice to decide what they want to do in life!!

• Lmao πŸ˜‚ GAG is a feminist hater.

What does feminist have do in that.
      Do you even want your wife to be a stay at home mom/wife? I bet not πŸ˜‚ none sense

• "Not " because 95% of men want to make as much money as possible and are not so family oriented, more status, power oriented..

By the way a feminist isn't someone who doesn't want to to be a stay at home mom

• @Deydey12345 I did say idiot feminist, you must've missed that part. I differentiate them from the smart, good ones who actually better rights for women. However, those rights have already been given as in the right to choose.

Also, you said, ""Not " because 95% of men want to make as much money as possible and are not so family oriented, more status, power oriented.. "

Where do you get this shit from?

• it's just stupid times. ignore and move along.

• It's not. Just find a man that wants that. Your girlfriends are full of the feminist mantra that this is not good enough. They're wrong about a LOT of things.

• Because women have used men for money for a long time and men are realizing they shouldn't be an ATM anymore.

• I think it's awesome that a girl would want be a housewife.
    I think people who look down on it just are jealous and crazy.

• By feminists yes. According to feminists all women should become a STEM field.

• Actually, within the 99% of women (mom) not staying at home (working) putting their babies at 6 months old in daycare aren't feminists, in fact they shit on feminists just like u so get your facts right.
      I bet you be the first one to ask your wife/gf to get a job and not stay home πŸ˜‚

• @Deydey12345 lol dont be stupid. With internet women can work from home.

• Because feminists who are marching naked and complaining said so. Being a housewife is harder than working in a job, it is respectable to me.

• Because supposedly you wanting to be a housewife will "push back female progress backwards".

• Because being a house wife is oppressive

• The majority of the time its because they dont have any source of income but instead live off others. (not my opinion but just the reason why)

• I don't know.

• Because it's not necessarily the most productive part of society

• There is nothing wrong with that.

• It is not. Actually.

• Because it is going against the mainstream which is followed primarily by women.

• Coz the world's full of assholes

• everyone has their own perspective so never mind about others. if you feel proud to be a housewife it's a good thing. those who feel it's down graded they don't know the girl's importance being a housewife.

• Personally I expect the wife to pull her weight financially

• You love sex chat

• if u really want then u dont need to look down..😊

• What do you look for in a potential husband? :)

• Mm. Someone who, is virgin, wants kids, shares same values, has good personality and is okay with me calling them food names like "biscuit"

• I am the same way, you are very rare! I hope you find a good man one day

• hahahaha she's only 15

• because modern day media focuses on feminizing men and making a lot of men cuckolded

• Because housewives get beat, they are submissive.

What Girls Said 12

• On, hun, Forgets that a Housewife still has a Life, just because she Doesn't Punch a Clock from Nine to Five.
    Her own Duties inside the House, begin from Sunrise and doesn't End, my Friend, until Dark, and even Then, there May be More in Store to do Here, dear. xx

• Being a Housewife, is being a Trunk to a Tree. While it may be silent, it remains to be the most important element of the tree. People who look down upon Housewife, surely do not have anything to look up to. Cheers. πŸ˜‡πŸ’•

• I see no issue with women being housewives if they're lucky enough to be in a position to do so; as in have a husband bringing in enough on one salary to cover an entire family which is rare these days.

What do I personally see an issue with, is women aspiring to be a housewife and that's is - they have no other plans for their life. And the reason being is; it's naive. They will literally be living off a mans charity and have no marketable skills should that man choose to leave them or he passes away. The reality is that very, very few men make enough money for a woman and her children to live off alimony alone in case that old chestnut is thrown up. The reality would be that she still needs to find work, and being a middle aged female with children and no skills leaves very, very few options. I just think it's incredibly naive and quite frankly lazy, to not have gone into the workforce before and after children.
    But those are my personal thoughts and beliefs, not something I would force on others to live by 😊

• You missed some things, being a housewife does not mean they are not educated. And in comparison to many females, they have skills you would dream to have.

• People are not stupid enough, they don't know in advance if they find a partner or not. I have never seen any female skipping schools or not getting education just because they think in future they become housewives. People are getting education to live, without education not a single woman can become a housewife.

• @lukazervaki then you're 100% wrong and living in a bubble. Congratulations

• I decided to go into Education as my major in college because there is always a need for teachers. I did this because one day I'll be married and hopefully have kids of my own and I'd like to have a major that I can slip into and out of when I need to. I want to be a housewife too someday I think it's just that people don't understand the motive behind it. they assume you're lazy and don't want to work when truthfully you just want to be there for your husband and kids.

• Being a housewife is harder job than working anywhere else. Especially when you have kids.

• Feminists...

• Because one person can't pay everything for 2 people
    Housing – shelter – $10,023
    Pensions, Social Security – $5,027
    Housing – utilities, fuels, public services – $3,477
    Food – food at home – $3,465
    Transportation – vehicle purchases – $3,244
    Transportation – other expenses and transportation – $3,130
    Healthcare – $2,853
    Entertainment – $2,698
    Food – food away from home – $2,668
    Transportation – gasoline, motor oil – $2,384
    Apparel and Services – $1,881
    Cash Contributions (optional retirement and cash savings) – $1,821
    Housing – household furnishings, equipment – $1,797
    Education – $945
    Housing – household operations – $984
    Miscellaneous – $808
    Housing – housekeeping supplies – $639
    Alcoholic Beverages – $457
    Personal Care – $588
    Life, other personal insurance – $309
    Reading – $118

• Agreed. Everyone else is saying feminism but this is the reason that I sorta do this

• I can pay for everything and then some... whats up with this assumption?

• @Djaaay that was for people just starting out on their own and beginning of serious relationships

• I don't know.. I guess feminist get angry by cause they feel like they women have fought so hard for you to get a career and not stay in the house anymore. But honestly, I don't think its bad.. there a many of women are fine with being a housewife and they love taking care of their children. Believe it it not, its actually good that one parent stays home with their children instead having a stranger watch them.

• Because of feminism

• Because some men are cheap and don't want to pay alone for his house.. He wants to pay as little as possible.. As for women who looks down to that well they just want to please men by agreeing with them

• I would pay for ten houses if a woman would want to stay at home, my mom works now and I rarely see her, I wish she stayed at home.

• That's awfully strange considering "housewife" implies that the man is paying everything..

• @MackFreeze yeah.. We need more men like you <3 it's very sweet that you miss your mom..

• If I have kids I'd rather he stay at home.

• my dear woman, please get a degree

• Feminist made it to look lile that