How do your parents treat you when you have a big test coming up?

I have 3 big tests tomorrow and my mother has not left me alone the entire day. The stress is real. 😥How do your parents treat you when you have a big test coming up??
  • They respect my time and give me space.👌
    Vote A
  • They pester me to death. 😭
    Vote B
  • A little of both. ✌
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have to remind them I still exist, never mind being in my back.

1|0
    0|0
    • That sounds really sad but I wish I had your problem

• Show All
    • That is so sad omg 😱

• That's life unfortunately. I made it through childhood and I lived.

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents have always expected top grades from me. They know they put a lot of pressure on me and I get really sensitive during my exams so they leave me alone. They won’t even come into my room because they’re scared they’ll bother me!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• I never recall telling them when I had a big test coming up. I rarely let my school work intrude upon my home life. I often had plenty of time to get it done while at school.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looking back, I was left on my own. To an extent that I have a feeling that they did not really care. Or did they just trust me?

0|0
    0|0
  • My mom tries to make sure I'm not busy

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 18

• I usually don’t tell my parents I have tests beforehand, but I tell them afterwards. They always bug me about it!

1|0
    0|0
  • okay I know, that you know, that they are just trying to help but its also a chemical thing. Your mom, especially if you have siblings, has high levels of Oxytocin in her brain which is labeled the "love hormone" but it makes your mom's brain have a cocktail of emotions and a strong connection to their children to mother and it doesn't really go away or at least it takes a while.. you may be grown up but moms can't rewire their brains so easily because they've been in this mind set to mother for nearly 2 decades...

1|0
    0|0
  • They act as they usually do but they are perhaps less demanding regarding chores. Although they are not very exigent about that in general.
    They just don't talk much about it unless I mention it

0|0
    0|0
  • I think when I was going through school she asked a few times but not pestering, after that she didn't even know when I had my tests!

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly mine tell me to stop working and watch a film or play games

1|0
    0|0
  • Never actually know when I have a test and don't talk to me about school for the most part so...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, they pester me. Sometimes they respect me lol

1|0
    0|0
  • They just leave me alone and let me do my thing, and they do their thing lol

0|0
    0|0
  • My parents respect my time and space, the most legit excuse i can give about me coming home late is “i was studying” lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup they do. It's becuz they don't want me to be stressed so they have to calm me down by treating me

0|0
    0|0
  • make me stay downstair and fucking harrass me with questions ALL DAMN DAY

0|0
    0|0
  • a little bit of both

1|0
    0|0
  • They give me time

1|0
    0|0
  • Kind of like mine...

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine literally don't give a fuck, I wish they did

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as im studying she leaves me alone

0|0
    0|0
  • "study BIT*H"

5 min. later

"let's go shopping or for ice cream! Shall we?"

They always treat me badly and say I don't study, but 5 sec later they want to go outside with me and have fun

0|0
    0|0
  • They respect me.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes