• No, we end up falling for he/she
    Vote A
  • Yes, we can be just friends
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how you define friends. I believe there's always going to be one of them who's interested in more (assuming their sexual orientation allows).

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yeah like good friends where u text or like hang out i have so many guy friends i do that with

• What I meant was that you can put down boundaries that cause you to be only friends, that's always an option.
      But only in the rarest cases will neither the guy or girl be interested in more if the opportunity strikes.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have friends of the opposite sex but like, they all end up either liking me, wanting to be friends with benefits or not wanting to be my friend anymore lol so doesn't really seem to work in my end.

But I still have 2 close guy friends.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Yes they can but rarely does it get close without someone getting feelings. If they can survive that and stay friends then they will be the closest of friends.
    Generally it is best to be friends in a group. Though there are many times where there is no attraction and they can be friends with ease.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's difficult, but it can happen. I have a female friend that I have been friends with since I was 2 years old. I look at her like a sister so I don't have romantic feeling towards her at all. But I think unless you have been friends from a very young age it's not easy to be friends with the oposite sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely they can friends. If someone is incapable of being just friends with someone of the opposite sex, that has more to do with their own emotional/mental short comings and not being able to manage their own emotional faculties. As a straight, married male, my two best friends are female. I have been to both of their weddings as a "bridesman".

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course guys and girls can just be friends! You may run into a situation where one party develops feelings for the other, but if you have a strong friendship you get past it. The friendship is more important than any one sided feelings.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know because I've had a friend that is a girl for all my life and when we go out for the night she tells me she loves me and grabs places she shouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • as long as the girl decides so, otherwise the moment she gives the guy a chance he'll take it for sure !

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they could... It depends on what they have gone through togethe and if they were very supportive to each other, the would be good friends, without sex involved.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't get me wrong. You can just be friends. It doaent mean that there I sent ever an opportunity to progress more than just friends. Even if its just being friends on a way deeper level

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, a guy and girl can just be friends. I have a little crush over a friend but, nothing more than that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I sleep on the same bed as my friend when I´m ever crashing at her house without ever getting any weird thoughts.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've tried several times to just be friends with girls (and still do). But other than facebook friends there is always a point where the girl seems to start acting as though we are more than friends. But at the same time makes it obvious that we are only friends.

... I don't know who to properly put this into words, without having people reading it and think O_o , but to some extent I've sort of had to learn to not let any emotions occur when having a friend who is a girl and only seeing her as a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, because someone is going to want someone in bed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes of course guys and girls can be just friends. But eventually you'll end up friends with someone and fall in love with them. It happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find having female friends so much easier after I got married.

0|0
    0|0
  • I been friendzoned so man times, I got my own zip code!

0|1
    0|0
  • TBH No !!!
    maybe for a while but not as best friends forever bs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have female friends. At least none that really act like friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can begin as friends but itll never last as just that. It will either change, end, or be toxic

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I've got plenty of female friends.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• I feel like it could start out as just friends, but eventually there'll come a point (however brief or one-sided) that someone's going to be attracted to the other.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, maybe not best frineds, for example we don't talk about sex like with girls, but really good friends :D

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a couple guy friends and they are just there for emotional support. They make me laugh when im sad. They give me great advice about guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • well I had a guy friend but then we became fwbs so I don't know I guess not in my case lolol

0|0
    0|0
  • yes of course.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they can be. I have three good male friends

0|0
    0|0
    • Out of curiosity, of those male friends that are single (if any), do you think any of them would agree to a date or to hooking up with you if you offered?

• Show All
    • Then you're either in denial or you're not as close friends as you think you are.

• How would I know if I would offer? I've been taken for seven years. I don't think about other guys like that. To me, they're just good friends, and I can't see them as anything else.
      I don't get why you are taking this so seriously.

• Only mature guys can.

0|0
    0|1
  • Fifty Fifty

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes