Do introverts even want or desire friends?

Most introverts like time alone and not a lot of chit chat. but do you want or long for friends?
  • At my convenience , i do.
    Vote A
  • Yes, it gets pretty lonely
    Vote B
  • No , i keep myself pretty entertained and busy. its drama free aswell
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, I want to hangout with my friends and I enjoy it, but it's exhausting for me and I will start craving to be alone again. It's really paradoxical, but I can't help it. D

4|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really like making friends, but it's nice to have some people I can call friends. The friend making process and maintaining a friendship is really mentally exhausting, and that's why I don't really care for making new friends, but I enjoy and appreciate the friends I have.

2|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• Yes... I do...
    Tho I dont really like being surrounded by friends... But sometimes it feels good to have someone to talk to... even when I know that I am not good at conversations...
    I desire friends with whom I share some common interests... mostly those who also behave like me...

1|0
    0|0
  • The best friends are books! You can learn about someone's life in the span of a book since it's all condensed into important parts so I never gets boring. You can also learn from their mistakes by seeing through their eyes. You'll never get a better perspective on a view than from a good book.

It also makes millionaires if you read the right kinda books :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Some introvert people are probably shy or have been through a lot and have trust issues. Try talking to an introvert and they'll probably open up more!😊

1|0
    0|0
  • I am an INTJ (apparently). I have many friends and get invited to get-togethers regularly. I went out last night and am going out in two nights again.

Here's the thing... we have sort of an internal timer. If we get invited out too often or go out too often we start to find it exhausting (faster than an extrovert). That's kind of how I feel right now haha. But then if we don't get invited out we tend to crave our next "fix" which is going out.

0|0
    0|0
  • As an introvert, I really don't like being in groups. I'm much happier when I'm only around one or two other people or by myself. I don't see how you can be even be an introvert if you're not perfectly happy by yourself pretty often.

1|0
    0|0
  • of course, but its different, i don't feel the need to be friends with EVERYONE, just a small few i can really trust

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm an extrovert who's selectively introvert since, I don't have the right people around me.
    I desire certain kind of people but, those types are uncommon.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hell yes!!

We are just selective in who we choose as friends, unlike many extroverts, we also prefer a few meaningful friend ships instead of many shallow "friends".

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i want friends to talk to me to understand me.
    To not to hurt me.
    That's why i am here and on other sites to get some friends with whom i can talk.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's better to have any friends than not having one
    But it's also better having very few "close" friends than too many "just" friends...
    I'm stuck oscillating between these two lolπŸ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • I like having people to talk to, but I'm not really needing social interaction everyday. I also hate spending a lot of time in big public places full of strangers and people I don't know

1|0
    0|0
  • Being an introvert does not mean that you are always a loner lol
    I have friends but I am not outgoing like them.
    how many exper points do you have?

2|0
    0|0
  • Introverts may like to spend time in solitude, but that doesn't mean they don't care about people. Introverts like having friends they just don't have as many as other people do. However, the friends introverts DO have, are typically the kind of friends you would want to have. They aren't quick to make friends, but when they do, it is because that is a person they know they can trust, who they can hold meaningful conversations with, someone who they know won't take advantage of them and cares about them. It is friendships like these that can last a life time. Introverts also acknowledge the value of their friends and will strive to do what they can to make them last.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of them do, yes, sometimes only on their terms, though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just because we need time alone doesn't mean we dont need social contact to stay sane / feel a part of this world :/

1|0
    0|0
  • I still want friends. Just lack desire to get out there and do it.

1|2
    0|0
  • They do want social time, they just find it exhausting and need a break from it.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have 5 people i care about. 4 of them are friends. No, none of them are from my familly.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea, of course, it gets freakin' boring especially in my small town there never anything to do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Introverts have friends... they just don't give a shit if anyone else realizes

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• Lol, we always sound like arrogant jerks or miserable hermits.

Introverts feel as lonely as regular people do, and we dont desire friends out of convinience.

We just live our lives from the inside out, rather than sculpting it based off outward existence.

Neither is bad - sometimes its assumed we are more intelligent or wise due to our observant natures, but these things vary amongst introverts. Some are quite stupid. Likewise, extroverts are not obnoxious and br

2|1
    0|0
    • brainless* sorry sent by accident. lol.

They just build their reality of external existence.

Interacting with others and life in general often minimizes time to digest thoughts and think, so we get 'drained' not due to lack of energy or fatigue in socializing, but because we dont have enough time to put everything together via analysis.

It is actually uncomfortable trying to expressthat Im leaving the group not because I dont like people lol, but because Im structuring this aspect of reality into its appropriate defining category, so I can interact and learn from it in the most efficient manner.

Im actually very popular amongst everyone, but only because I observe and category them in my solice time, as to suit their natures as best I can.

Not just people, every situation in life.

Lol so yes, we desire friends more or less than the average joe. Some are popular introverts (I host parties and join clubs,) others are hermits.

But both, only keep a small inner circle.

• I'm an Introvert with social anxiety... I find it really difficult to intiate conversations... Or even approaching people in general... But my close friends are the exact opposite.. Loud and extremely social extroverts who completely understand and can read when I need my time alone... And when they need to convince me to go out and breathe some fresh air. 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Being an introvert is not the same as being antisocial. So yes, even introverts want friends. They just don't want to be around them 24/7.

1|1
    0|0
  • Of course, we are still human no man's an island, some just have trouble initiating a conversation that can lead to friendship. We just tend to need to recharge by spending time alone because we can lose energy from being around people for long periods of time, particularly large crowds. But we have our moments when we are quite sociable, they just probably don't last long but the great memories last forever. I think introverts in particular might dwell on the wonderful moments more, playing them back in our heads, well at least I do.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course. I'm introverted and I enjoy my time alone but I absolutely adore my friends and enjoy being with them too.

1|0
    0|0
  • actually they really want friends but a lot of them are to scared to get some because a lot of them are shy or something happened

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate unnecessary relationships. I only fuck with people that fuck with me.

1|0
    0|0
  • nah, i personally don't. of the human variety, that is. prefer cats (^._.^) οΎ‰

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course I want friends but not just too many. Even little friend group can tire me so much..

1|0
    0|0
  • All of the above depending on the people were surrounded by

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, I am an introvert and also I have social anxiety and i wish I had friends who came over all the time but in real life I have no friends...

1|3
    0|0

Recommended myTakes