Does anyone else despise their SO’s mom?

I literally hate my boyfriend’s mom. She gets in the way of everything. We will make plans ahead of time and last second something will come up. Like, she wants to take him out that day or she doesn’t feel like driving him or picking him up anymore so our plans are canceled because of her. I can’t even spend my boyfriend’s real birthday with him anymore because of her! We had planned like a month in advance, we talked about what we were going to do and then last second his mom is like “I’m taking him out to dinner on his birthday. So you guys can hang out the next day” I’m so upset. We just started dating four months ago, my birthday is a few days earlier than his, and he spent my real birthday with me. Now I can’t spend his with him, these are our first birthdays together and she’s preventing us from hanging out. She’s so annoying. I get she’s his mom and all but she needs to give him space and let him do things. I try and be nice to her but she’s stone cold. She sees him everyday! I see him at least once or twice a week if I’m lucky. It’s stupid. I hate her so much. Does anyone else feel this way?

1716

Most Helpful Guys

• I can feel your frustration; your boyfriend should know how you feel (if he doesn't already) and either talk to his Mum or meet you both halfway. My girlfriend's Mum is nice to me directly but I strongly feel like she uses me indirectly, she expects me to go out of my way for her way too often, she treats my girl the worst of all her kids, and she's even kicking my girl out the house when her first grandson is born in a couple of months. So I wouldn't say I hate her, but I know how it feels to have an SO with a questionable parent who you don't always want to be around.

• Nice rant, but I knew exactly how you felt, like sometimes you just want to spend sometime alone and that, but the mother just gets in the way because they are jealous or something

• Haha thank you thank you. But exactly! And I feel like his mom, since she’s been through a divorce and she can’t always see her boyfriend either, she goes to her son for moral support because he’s a guy and he’s taller than her and you know, she loves him so. She wants to spend a lot of time with him as if they were dating, you know what I mean? A mom who doesn’t really have a man so she goes to her son instead.

• It's a bit weird and she does this because she is jealous of how good your relationship is compaired to her own, so she kind of lashes out in this way

Most Helpful Girl

• I had one boyfriend's mom, on the day i met her, she told me i looked like the hooker down the street 😅. She lived in a really junky trailer park, so i believed there was an actual hooker living there somewhere. looking back on it i think its funny, I've been told i have an innocence about me, and am very quiet and shy. So i was very shocked by her statement, i just looked at him and was like "okay its time to go" she was a freakin meth head with a brood of kids from different bby daddies, sooo screw her lol.