Do you think having kids is overrated?

Im married but I rather invest in a house, travel yearly, go on adventures and enjoying life than changing diapers and barely seeing my kids after 18 and all my life savings are gone

Do you think having kids is overrated?

3657

Most Helpful Guy

• Kids are wonderful - watching them grow from helpless little babies that rely on you for everything to bright, intelligent and inquisitive little beings is an experience beyond description and it is magical

• Can also work on a pet uknow

• It's blindingly obvious you are not a parent

• >”Only a parent will understand this”
      Yet I explained it the same exact way you did.

Most Helpful Girl

• A few things right there. Why get married? First thing. Second, why invest in a house which can stop you from travelling to a new place if you get a better job offer. Thirdly, sure don't have children it's your choice. It's not exactly overrated though, it just happens to be how we kind of survive you know. But otherwise as a personal thing, sure! Don't have children if you don't want to. After all it's not a necessity for you to do that.

• because in the area where im from in texas a house is cheaper than renting.

• yes, because a normal rent here is 700$ (a luxurious appt is $1000 for a mid size room) so you buy a 130,000 house the mortage is about $600 with good credit and low interest blabla then you just pay the bills and taxes. Maybe its not directly cheaper, but its an investment we have a beautiful spacious house and were planning on adding a pool

• Well, that's great for you then. ☺️