Should My Girlfriend Cut Her Mom Out Of Life?

I am not a fan of my girlfriend's mom. I know that everybody has a love/hate relationship when it comes to the parents of your significant other, but what she does to my girlfriend isn't right and I keep telling my girlfriend to get rid of her mom.

My girlfriend moved from Dallas to Houston to get away from her mom and attend college out here. When she first moved to Houston, all she had was $2 dollars and a dream. She worked her ass off to pay for school, get an apartment and she got her first car this year. She did that all on her own. I don't like her mom, because I feel her mom uses her.

Her mom lives in the hood somewhere in Dallas and is the owner of her own little convenience store. Her mom's store isn't that successful and she has household bills and bills to pay to keep her store running... so when she doesn't have money, she always hits up my girlfriend to help pay her bills.

My girlfriend always complies and then never has enough for herself and then I sometimes have to pull my resources and pay some of my girlfriend's rent and bills. While it doesn't hurt me financially it is bothersome, because I have my own stuff I am trying to accomplish.

Just recently, my girlfriend didn't have any money and her mom hit her up and told her she needs money for bills and she kept badgering my girlfriend for money. When my girlfriend said she couldn't help her... her mom found my girlfriend's banking information and used it to pay her bills and left my girlfriend with a negative bank account.

My girlfriend says she was pissed at her mom and reported the incident to the bank to get the money back (she told the bank she didn't know who it was tho) and says she can't cut off her mother and won't stop talking to her.

What would you do in this situation?
1
1