Why would my mom give my dad $300?

I live with my dad, and haven't talked to my mom in almost 2 years. I brought the mail in last night and saw something from my mom. I know it's bad, but I opened it myself. Inside were 3 checks. One whose date is 8/31/18 for $100, one whose date is 6/30/18 for $100, and one whose date is 7/30/18 for $100.
My parents hate each other, which is why this makes me sort of suspicious. I KNOW I shouldn't have opened mail addressed to my dad but I couldn't stop thinking about it

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Them checks are what they call postdated and your dad could cash them anytime as long as your mother has the money in her banking account also he could deposit them and the checks could also cause your moms banking account to bounce but maybe she gave him money for something for you or something that he needs really hard to say. I don't know why parents got to be so secretive about things when it comes to money and stuff.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• These Checks are Post Dated so Perhaps you have a Right To... Be Suspicious.
    I just Hope that with any Problems you all have Had, These Checks don't Reflect Back on Dear ol' Dad and there is no Money, honey, To cover them by Then, My Friend.
    Good Luck. xx

1|0
    0|0
    • If Dad decides to deposit these in the Time allotted, The bank will Call to Make Sure Funds, hun., Are Sufficient. xx

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• So it's basically $100 per month over three months? I would suggest that it's either money towards your upkeep or money that she owes him for something, that she has agreed to pay off in installments.

1|0
    0|0
  • It seems like a regularly scheduled payment. It could well be part of the divorce decree. It's not uncommon.

1|1
    0|0
  • They all seem to be on the last of the month so it must be somethin she owed him, maybe child support..

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he loaned her money or maybe they are checks to support you

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like rent payments to me. She's probably renting from him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Child support? Maybe she makes monthly contributions

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe she is returning a loan she borrowed a while ago?

2|0
    0|0
  • Maybe some sort of agreement. And she's bound to pay

1|0
    0|0
  • What state you live in but they do make woman pay child support now

1|1
    0|0
  • you have started something you cannot stop just esculate

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 13

• I’d guess child support. Honestly you should sit down and talk to dad dear. In a way it does affect you. If it bothers you that much that you felt compelled to do something you believe you shouldn’t have.. you know that means you’ve got some questions and concerns. Maybe it’s time to ask dad a few of those questions?

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he loaned her money at some point. It's not unusual for a non-custodial parent to pay the custodial one for various expenses.

1|0
    0|0
  • She had a debt? Or want to take your responsibility.

1|0
    0|0
  • To take care of you

3|2
    0|0
  • It’s called child support.

1|1
    0|0
  • Child support maybe

1|1
    0|0
  • If they’re divorced then it probably child support

1|1
    0|0
  • Monthly child support maybe

1|1
    0|0
  • Child support checks.

1|0
    0|0
  • She's paying your Child Support, $100.00 a month.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes