Do you tell your friends that you love them or do you find it wrong to say this word to anyone other than your SO?

It seems that people are afraid to say this word , and not just for an SO , but for friends too.
For me, i find it easy to say these simple words to my friends, I LOVE YOU ALL <3
Friends are stained on the soul, you can never erase them <3
Friends are stained on the soul, you can never erase them <3

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Ill never forget the wonderful and insightful answer I received when I askd my dear and very life experienced Nanny a? Like this one. I had just had my son, and loved him so deeply and wholeheartedly that I wus afraid I culdnt love his father the way I shuld. Parents will get it, but maybe not parents too. I loved him so much that I wus afraid the love I had left wuldnt be the right kind, or enuff for anyone else again. She said to me, Honey there are all different kinds of love. And your heart will find room to feel them all. Thats the thing about hearts, it is amazing how big they truly are. there's the love of ur child/children, the love of your family, and the love of your soul mate. Dont worry hunny your heart will make room for them all. Wutever u do, and even if love hurts, dont stop letting it in or giving it to those that desereve it.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 39

• I only say it on rare occasions to my best friend because it feels silly but I do generally love her as a friend she like a sister to me and I've known her for 9 years.
    As cheesey as it sounds my family are also my best friends and I tell them I love them all the time as well

0|1
    0|0
  • I told my seventy something co-worker I loved her this morning and I meant it. She is one of the greatest people I have had the pleasure of working with. So I donโ€™t think itโ€™s weird unless you make it weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends how you say it. If your saying it as in Iโ€™m in love with you then that should be kept for the special one
    But like you can tell friends and others that you love them in a i care about you type of way

0|1
    1|0
  • I am an expressive lady so it's been normal for me to say those words to my parents/family and friends.. And I also believe that expressive on what you feel, being thoughtful and saying those sweet words will make your bond stronger than ever..๐Ÿ˜Š and it will also lead you to have a happier and more peaceful life..๐Ÿ˜Š

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think it's wrong to say it to others as well, I just don't. I'm very reserved with how I use the word love.

0|2
    0|0
  • I only say it to my SO, especially because "I love you" only refers to romantic love in my language. I do tell my bestfriend how much I like her sometimes though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always tell my friends I love them. I like letting them know that they incite such a wonderful emotion in me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I always tell my close friends that I love them because I feel like it makes them feel good about themselves and our bond grows stronger โค

0|1
    0|0
  • I tell all my close friends that I love them. I'm pretty open about it. I don't want them to ever doubt how much their friendship means to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • People are scared to express intimacy in relationships. There's a lot of cultural pressure, especially on men, to hold back emotions. Love takes on many more varieties than just romantic.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have an SO.
    I don't really tell my friends I love them but we'll say to each other
    "Because you love me."

0|1
    0|0
  • I tell my male best friend I love him. And some of my closer female friends.

0|1
    0|0
  • Are you referring to friends of opposite gender, or same gender?

0|1
    0|0
  • I always tell people I love them. You never know if your going to see them again!

0|1
    0|0
  • with a few friends that i am really close i often say to them that i love them.. so they know how much they mean to me ๐Ÿ˜Š

0|1
    0|0
  • If I truly love them, yes. I say it to a few friends.

0|1
    1|1
    • few , good :)
      say it to the ones who down votes your opinion

• Show All
    • If one of my friends died I would cry, most likely. You donโ€™t have to love someone to cry.

• Oh okay :)
      I hope you don't ever feel that though :)

• Yeah a lot. And i can say it to whoever i feel it for so not wrong.

0|1
    0|0
  • I will say it to someone if I truly love them. I will never say it if I donโ€™t mean it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, thanks to my best friend, now its much easier for me to say I love you and I try to use these 3 words more often.

0|1
    0|0
  • I make sure to tell them i love them very much whenever i can.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 43

• Honestly i dont share my feelings, they know i love them through my actions, lol im not very vocal, dont even remember the last time using the words "i love you"

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't tell any of my friends that I love one, the reason being that I simply don't. I'm not afraid to say it as you suggest. I simply see no reason to say it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I do tell my friends this but mainly my christian friends or really close ones, I love man kind of thing. And with family it just comes with the package

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah i do it all the time with guys. If you're straight, remember to say no homo straight after. If you see technho music and margarititas, you said it too late.

0|1
    0|0
  • I love all my friends. And I show it more than saying it. <3
    The only problem is that all my close friends are guys and they tease me by calling it gay :(

0|2
    0|0
  • To be honest, I don't love anyone. When I will have a girlfriend, I will love her but no-one else. There's a lot of people which I care about, respect and want to spend time with, but I think that love is the wrong word for that.

0|1
    1|0
  • Fam is Fam and water is thicker than blood because everyone cares about theirself in this life and the truth is there is no love in this world that's why it is going to shit

0|1
    0|0
  • To my boys I say : Fuck you too man.
    I love you too brother. โค

0|2
    0|0
  • I tell them to go f*ck themselves
    In high school guy code it means I love you

0|2
    0|0
  • I always seem to say it when I'm drunk but not sober but I mean he is my best friend so yeah he is like my brother

0|1
    0|0
  • l love every one and they all know that with out me saying the love word to them and you are loved as well

0|1
    0|0
  • I tell everyone I love them. Especially if you get me drunk

0|1
    0|0
  • I probably should more. I rarely show that I appreciate them at all

0|1
    0|0
  • YES im always saying it , but like the caption says , its good I agree...

0|1
    0|0
  • That's ok if you don't fall in love with your friends ๐Ÿ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • For a lot of people it's easy but shouldn't those words save for someone you truly love

0|1
    0|0
  • I say i love you if i mean it. And there are different types of love so yes i say it to my friends

0|1
    0|0
  • Its very weird to tell my friends I love them really

0|1
    0|0
  • I tell anyone that's close to me, that I love them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean for me close friends whe. Your thanking them bbn or something g it slips out

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes