Do you believe in “don’t have kids if you can’t afford them?”?

• I agree
  • I disagree

1950

Most Helpful Guys

• Absolutely! Having children is about passing down the linage of your heritage and giving them all the love and care in the world because they are now a part of the family! How could you possibly provide the happiness and care your children needs if you can't afford to cover their basic needs such as clothing, diapers, food and such as well as your own needs? It would be selfish and cruel to have them suffer from something they didn't have a saying to.

If you're planning to have children, you really need to discuss about it with your partner about the whole procedure because having a child is life-changing and will require a lot of responsibility and planning to make it work. When I look around seeing people having a lot of children with no stable financial plan in mind, it just saddens me when I see them suffer all the time from a lack of proper nourishment and not having their needs met. I wish people were more educated about the consequences of unprotected sex and knowing what kind of budget plan is needed to ensure a safe and happy future for their children!

• If going to have sex, need to be prepared to stand by any new Baby. A kid needs both parents. If can't afford it, try like crazy to work more & support the family. Thats my philosophy.

• I think expecting people not to have sex until they can aford a baby is cloud-cuckoo land.

• Have you ever met any real people? It's as likely to work as pure communism.

Apart from anything else, you'd probably need a DNA sample from every person in the US to be able to identify the parents.

• Apt name there 'goaded' . Not rising to it. That is my philosophy & if every bloke followed it, the next generation in USA & UK would be a lot less fked up. Yes, irresponsible women who have unprotected sex with more than one guy at the same time & get pregnant are also a scourge on our societies. The kid deserves to know who his Dad is.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't understand how my parents could selfishly have 3 kids when they can't even afford a house, and we live in a small apartment building complex. Their excuse for having me was "we wanted to have another girl." They don't give us any love or attention that we need. Completely ridiculous in my opinion. They lay on their asses all day, and still want US to take care of their lazy asses when we're the ones who do most of their work for them. We had to independently do everything on our own. Conceiving us is not an excuse to say I paid and took care of you, so you have to take care of us because 90% of the time we already do that shit. Expecting me to let them live in MY HOUSEHOLD by the time I can afford one. Stupidly planning to use their retirement money for a house they can't afford to pay off, and expecting us to pay off a house. Ridiculous. Honestly, stupidly ridiculous. This is why people shouldn't have kids if they can't afford them.

• Yeah I agree that too some parents do have tons of kids to be helped out but in the long run the kids need to take care of their own lives too :/

• It must be really hard for u and ur brother and sister

• ... and I also believe in don't buy a car if you can't afford the payments, don't go on a vacation with your friends if you have to decide between rent and going... Kids are an expense and "love" doesn't fill their bellies with food or make sure they have adequate health care. I've never heard of any kid who grew up below the poverty line or homeless saying that the experience was so great or that they enjoyed having to get government assistance, or beg for the basics. If you have a choice in the matter, think smart, think about the welfare of that potential child, and don't have kids unless you can afford them.