Are most of your friends of the opposite sex?

• Mostly opposite sex
    Vote A
  • Mostly same sex
    Vote B
  • Equal of both sexes
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

3|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Mostly the opposite sex. I'm not a flirt for anyone wondering... I just grew up with 5 sisters so girls make more sense to me than guys at this point :/

Most of my good friends are girls though I have a few good guy friends. I don't know why but most of the stuff guys seem to find cool I just... I don't like it. I don't understand. Girls have always made more sense to me but that may just be because of the girls I've met rather than the nature of girls in general. At any rate the ones I've met tend to just be more interesting people (at least to me).

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • after many experiences I prefere bi-females because of their openness like me and their sexual honesty, over a closed minded lying strait jealous bitch, where most guys would be jealous and pissed off if she spent time with her girlfriend I didn't, I would encourage her to have her, this only made her love me more for allowing her to be herself, and her girlfriend too, most times we would go out together or they would go shopping or her girlfriend would come over, yes we both did her girlfriend, without any jealousy, sometimes I would serve them snacks and wine while they were on break, the love and caring we had for each other was amazing, to bad they each had to leave to follow their carriers out of state.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Most are other women or gay men. I wish I had straight Male friends and I kind of envy women who have both but for whatever reason it never happens for me. I think its bizarre but it just doesn't. I connect far easier with women. I interact with men in social groups but they're never friends I hang with one on one or text. I think it's mostly because it seems the kind of depth and communication I need when interacting with friends seems outside the norm for most men and probably overwhelming/boring/intimidating. I dont have the laid back, chill girl factor and Im pretty assertive. I've noticed men like lighter, always fun and positive conversations, at least at first, and definitely not anything close to self-analysis or talking about psychology (feelings = bad I guess). That and I dont share the most common Male hobbies. I do a lot of political organizing so thats an opportunity to nurture more friendships with men and I have good social standing with them but it hasn't ever gotten to that next level. Also how to navigate that without seeming interested romantically is probably the other barrier.

But gay men love me! Lol

I need to interact with men more though because this affects my dating my life too. I don't know connecting with women is much easier. I'm a total womans woman and luckily bi too, otherwise I'd be in trouble.

1|0
    0|1
  • Opposite. I'm just not into "feminine/girly" things, so I tend to not get along with other women because we have nothing in common. I also cannot stand how so many women are always competeing with each other, often in secret, behind each other backs, and sabotaging each other to try and get ahead! I prefer to be up front, blunt, and direct with my feelings.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 150

• I was mostly raised by women so I feel more comfortable with hanging out with a bunch of women. I only have a few male friends and they're not the usual type that tries to one up each other with dumb challenges. It's good to have a balance of both energies though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well it's a male dominated society in terms of population so mainly guys but there are more than a few girl so in my case
    70% guys and 30 % girls.
    But friends is a vague concept but well not to dwell much on that :P

1|0
    0|0
  • I am friends with both but I really prefer being friends with girls cause I find them easier to talk to and relate to. When I look for new friendships, I always go for girls.

1|1
    0|0
  • Same sex. But thaz could have something to do with the fact that I am currently attending an engeneering school. Which if you didn't know for some reason has a lot more males in it than females. And since most of my friends are my classmates... Well...

1|1
    0|0
  • I have 2 circles. One with predominantly same sex. One with different sex. They don't like eachother lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a bit introvert with a weirdly extrovert personality. I don't go out of talk to anyone. But should I engage with someone in very 'there' ig you could say lol but the problem with that is I don't want to talk to anyone because basically everyone I engage makes me uncomfortable and they seem ignorant or just completely a waste of time to talk to them. I don't have any friends because everyone irritates the shit out of me.

1|0
    0|0
  • To play with at least 10 other guys, every weekend, in a soccer league, year in year out... well, I'm not surprised I have more guy friends.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely men. We tend to have more similar interests. You know... like cars, video games, and sports. Women can have those too, it's just the proportion of men is significantly higher.

1|0
    0|0
  • Even though most of my friends are of the same sex when I have lady friends, we get pretty deep regardless if it is platonic or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly the same sex but I want more friends (just one) of the opposite sex but I mean a real friend not an acquittance there is a difference, I am looking for someone I can Netflix and chill with

1|0
    0|0
  • We run in couples circles so mostly equal. However, guys try to one up each other so we are never really “friends”. More like “professional acquaintances”. Can I change my answer?

1|0
    0|0
  • If you're a girl and your friends are mostly of the opposite sex, I have some bad news for you...

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • hmm how incredibly reasonable... maybe you are one of those rare chicks who gets along good with guys as just friends, they do exist, hell some of em are even straight 0. o haha

Just keep in mind their likely reasons for hanging around you. If you are in it for the activities, the good convo and the cars though, I hear ya sister, I love that shit too, just be mindful...

• Hahaha well thank you I think? 😂😂😂

Will do, thank you do much though 😊

• dont have any friends, i used to have some, but then life happened and i lost all of them

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to friend younger females more often that younger dudes... but older dudes are usually more often friends than older women.

Women get really bitchy and shit testy for me to deal with when they older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Where's was younger I have more male friends. (As I'm not good at socializing with girls. Especially the interests I have are not very girl friendly.) Now I grow older I have about equal.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am friends with mostly women. I dont always get along with other guys.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a fair amount of both and voted equal but to be honest it was slightly heveyer on the female side then the male...

1|0
    0|0
  • I go to an all-boys school but our sister school is right next to us but if a guy and a girl are seen together they become a meme for a whole term and you're dead

2|0
    0|0
  • Till I was 20 I used to have mostly Female Friends. After university and Marriage I have mostly male friends. I am now divorced I continue to have mostly male friends.

2|0
    0|0
  • Where's the option which says,

I only have guy friends. Less drama, more love. by the way I'm straight. 😆

2|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 86

• Online, yes.
    IRL,

1|0
    1|0
  • I tend to have bad relationships with girls because most of them are envious, invent things about me, talk trash behind my back and they betray me 80% of times. So most of my friends are guys, also because I have a very "simple" mind and Im very easygoing

1|0
    0|0
    • Well you're a very beautiful girl sweetheart and they Envy you because they know how beautiful you are and you're most likely so much better looking than them so they don't want you to get all the men and to be honest with you be careful with the men as well because they're only after one thing most likely because you're beautiful and did your sound for sex trust me many pegs and these girls that treat you like that they're not your friends who need them you're who you are you're a beautiful person who needs those girls be yourself don't change for nobody

• Women who have zero girl friends typucally have psycho social issues. They are often insecure ("all women are jealous of me") which isn't the case. They typically just seek validation from male attention and hate competition for it from other females. Having said that i do have some interests that are more attrcative to the male sex, i play a "male" sport and like following teams. So i have guy friends who share these interests. Having both is positive in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have strong friendships with both sexes so that I understand both perspectives and have different opinions that may give me learning opportunities or strike up unique ideas in my head

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah... I don't really get along with girls... The best friend I ever had is a straight guy, and can talk with him so confortable about subjects I can't with the girl I know... Chicks tend to judge more

0|0
    0|0
  • Would it be weird that all my closest friends are women and the only friend guy I have is gay. I've never been friend with guys, neither heterosexual.

2|0
    0|0
  • Mostly same sex. I have one very good male friend of the opposite sex. The rest of my good friends (people I'd openly confide in) are women.

2|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately, I don't have many girl friends. I always end up being friends with guys. Women don't always seem to be willing to be kind. Being blunt and being rude are two different things. I've gotten the rude comments over minor conversations.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly females.
    I have Male acquaintances more like. But anyone who I'm really close to, mostly girls. I need my girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah, opposite. i feel like i creep girls out or they don't like me

1|1
    0|0
  • Women. I don’t make friends with guys because I know they typically aren’t looking for just friendship. And if they are, I might catch feelings so I just stay away from that situation

1|0
    0|0
    • Hum, not my experience, but ok.
      As long as it works out for you.

• It's pretty equal. I think have an equal amount is healthy. But you can always have more than the other, it doesn't matter

1|0
    0|0
  • Opposite. It has Always been like this, Although I have Had many Bestie Girls as Friends. TBH, I always Mixed with Everyone under the Sun. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I have 2 friends that are also female, the rest are dudes.

1|1
    0|0
  • Mostly opposite sex. Girls don’t really like me and it’s not because I’m a bitch I’m shy asf. Whenever I try to make girl friends I end up losing them quickly.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have many guy friends but the majority of my friends are females.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of my close friends are women. Probably a ratio of 1:3.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly same sex not because i chose, but it just happens that I have more friends that are girls then boys

1|0
    0|0
  • Love this question.

I have like literally 0 guy friends.

If we were friends, we were more so romantic partners trying to build a relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • Females are fake, catty and drama filled. Most of my friends and associates are males.

1|0
    1|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes