Would you ever say publicly what your biggest insecurities are, or would you only tell them to a person you trust in confidence?

So I've come to realize that almost everyone has insecurities, regardless of how confident they may appear to be. My question is, think about what aspect of yourself you are the most insecure about.

Would you ever admit it publicly for any reason?

Would you never admit it to anyone?

Or, would you only reveal it to a friend in confidence that they wouldn't tell others?

Personally I don't think I would be able to say it publicly, but I have noticed quite a few people do it on G@G. I'm curious to know if I'm in the majority or minority in this apect.Would you ever say publicly what your biggest insecurities are, or would you only tell them to a person you trust in confidence?
  • I would have no issue with saying it publicly (Please say what it is if you're comfortable doing so)
    Vote A
  • I would only do it in confidence (DM me if i'm someone you trust and want to talk about it)
    Vote B
  • I would never reveal it to anyone.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• "I would have no issue with saying it publicly (Please say what it is if you're comfortable doing so)"
    Males NEVER say it publicly unless they are immature.

"I would only do it in confidence (DM me if i'm someone you trust and want to talk about it)"
    Usually it might be in the bedroom with a woman he loves.
    The ideal men are the ones who voted that.

"I would never reveal it to anyone."
    Many guys, especially those who are young and never been in love, will ever reveal it.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's hard one
    For me, I never thought about being insecure, but if I had to think hard about it I would say I have two or three things I just recently realized I should be insecure about hahaha
    I have an overlapped front teeth, they look okay but not good.
    I am not tall, nor short, but I should be insecure about it.
    I used to be fat and have Mboobs, I still have a bit but my body shape looks good.
    LOL sorry but these all what I could do think of, not that it matters to me...
    What about you Ally?

1|0
    0|0
    • Wow you're so brave! I think you have no reason to feel insecure about those things though, you seem like a good guy. And I'd tell you in DM but not publicly.

• Thanks, I am not insecure tbh
      I just try to point out my flaws haha

Most Helpful Girls

• I think my biggest insecurities are about my personality. I tend to talk a lot, so I'm always worried I'm annoying people. I also worry that I'm not the kind of person guys are interested in and that I'm too picky to find someone long term. Body wise I'm insecure about my breasts. They're large, so they sag a lot, even though I'm young. I'm also insecure about myself sexually. I worry I'll never find a guy into what I'm into who has a personality that compliments mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind to tell those things on internet. In real life I would take more care to what people do I tell my feelings.

My biggest insecurities are always related to my abilities and my career. Sometimes I doubt if I'm good enaugh or if I should have chosen another career.

I think it's a very common insecurity many people have, at least sometimes, so that's why I don't have issue telling.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• My face having blackheads and spots, my room carpet been so dirty. But if i can solve this by the time i am 20 i will be happy other than that i have none.

1|0
    0|0
  • my biggest insecurity? that i won't find a good girlfriend.
    i have no problem stating those things as i don't give a fuck what people think about me.

2|0
    0|0
  • Height. Im 5'8 so shorter than global average.

Otherwise its insecurity in my musical ability. I often doubt myself a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • When it comes to my concerns, I am pretty introverted who keeps almost everything inside himself

1|0
    0|0
  • I would only tell someone I trust and that person should seem to be understanding

1|0
    0|0
    • Its sad here people are very reserved and dont like talking about such "risky themes". But you seem like someone ok to talk with, you are unusually open for an American πŸ˜… (what the stereotypes say)

• I couldn't do it publicly about my insecurities. But almost anything else I have no problem talking about.

• I gave up keeping things to myself. If you wanna know something just ask

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for the reply.

• Show All
    • Yeah I can see why that would be embarrassing. Have you tried looking into any memory retention exercises? Maybe save all your calculations as formulas in excel? Those might help. And maybe women do notice you but you're just not noticing the ones that are.

• I don't know, when I try to remember things like calculations it feels like I'm trying to find a needle in a haystack, but first I need to find the right haystack, and all the haystacks are in a maze.
      And while I may be noticed it never seems like more than a quick glance.

• At this point it's a series of things but mostly my weight

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd have to say that I wouldn't be open to doing that. Love your questions though, keep them coming!

1|0
    0|0
  • OMG l might talk to you in PM as l do trust you and its to do about trying to get a girl back in my life but l will need to think things through first 🌈

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, my biggest insecurity is my biggest power too

so i can't remove that atall

i can tell if anyone wanna knoww

0|0
    0|0
  • I would only do it in confidence (DM me if i'm someone you trust and want to talk about it)

1|0
    0|0
  • Only to people I'm close to, or have a good relationship with here.

0|0
    0|0
  • My looks and lack of success with women.

1|0
    0|0
    • If that's you in the profile pic you have no reason to be insecure about your looks. You're handsome! And as far as the lack of success goes, maybe you just haven't found the right woman for you yet.

• Quite a few women on here have told me that I am at least average to attractive, I'll try not to dwell on it too much.

• I'd proba my only tell them to someone I trust.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would never reveal it to anyone.

1|0
    0|0
  • What are you saying?

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm saying would you ever talk about your insecurities. Or do you keep them to yourself.

• Show All
    • Well there you go 🀣. I trust that you will tell me the what you feel πŸ˜‹. Hope that works πŸ™‚.

• And another thing people who say that you will find a guy/girl one day is full of it. I don't believe that guys/girls mean when they say that. With all my honest opinion I think they want to be loved by you.

On the downside people will take advantage of you if you let your self with your insecurities so my best advice is to let people you know what you feel about a certain person or problem you are having with you're self image you're self esteem should be respected and not be taken literally.

What Girls Said 12

• I sound weird when I moanπŸ˜‚
    It is something I’m a bit insecure about.
    Umm... I have a mole/mark under my boob... and my boobs are small so it’s noticeable πŸ˜’
    Cellulite isn’t exactly fun

1|2
    0|0
  • I am very careful what I reveal on GAG, but I am more open than I used to be.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah. I have a few insecurities and I usually am open to talk about them

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not telling anyone, because then they'll really begin to notice

1|0
    0|0
  • I would only share them to the person I trust the most.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why would I make my self vulnerable about my insecurities In pubic? I will only tell it to my boyfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • I did that once with someone I THOUGHT was my best friend. She turned it around on me.

Won't make that error in judgement again.

#LessonedLearned

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm open about them.
    Mine are how skinny I am and how people react to my scars

1|0
    0|0
  • No It's not for public announcement for sure πŸ‘»πŸ¦‰πŸ™ˆ

1|0
    0|0
  • As an artist, displaying my insecurities and faults is a way that I connect with people, either intimately as close friends or as a performer/audience relationship.

As far as what my insecurities are, that’s a long list. I’m insecure about how I’m very prone to acne. I compare myself to everyone, so I feel very insecure if I’m not the literal best at something. I’m not very confident when I talk to other people, especially over the phone.

Generally, if I’m not mind-blowingly awesome in every respect, I feel like I’m not worth the space I take up. I’m either exceptional or expendable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have a large problem with seeing my own worth.

1|0
    0|0
  • It would be difficult for me to do it but I would if I needed to

1|0
    0|0
    • I don't think I could, only in confidence.

• Show All
    • I appreciate that, and I would imagine it's hard for anyone. Here's a hug! πŸ€—

• Thanks!

Recommended myTakes