My daughter wants a iPhonexp max? Whatever it's called should I buy her an iPhone?

• Yes
  • No too young for phone

415

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes, but have her work for it.

Android phones are cheaper because they collect 10x more data from their owners (even on idle mode) than pricier iPhones.
    appleinsider.com/.../android-collects-nearly-10-times-more-user-data-than-apples-ios
    Even pro-Android sources admit this… and frame it nicely.
    www.androidcentral.com/android-collects-10x-much-data-ios-because-it-offers-10x-much-usability

Also, since she seems more prone texting photos of herself, check your jurisdictions's laws and warn her against sexting. Many laws have failed to update their pre-selfie anti-child pornography laws, so she could be charged for creation, possession, and distribution of child porn, like an actual sexual predator who preys on kids to make porn. Also, the receiver (s) can be charged for possession, incitement (if solicited), and/or distribution (if shared). Yes, it's stupid, but many teens in the U. S. and other jurisdictions have already been convicted, arrested, and registered as sex-predators for life.

• Likewise (even if not discovered by police or school-personnel, who are legally required to report this), such compromising, explicit selfies open the door to blackmail/extortion (esp. sextortion), public humiliation, and suicide. Many have already taken their lives due to this. Organized crime has even taken full advantage of this and are actively raising blackmail-related suicide in a number of countries (though their current prey for now are employed, single men).
      www.independent.co.uk/.../...l-media-a7446776.html

• Correction: "…and are actively raising blackmail-related suicide rates in a number of countries (though their current favorite-prey for now are employed, single men)."

• There's a lot of issues coming up with all this new technology. Teen suicide rates have increased greatly with the rise in cell phone adoption, as have many other similar issues

• Suicide and cellphones are not related

• @sarahhcmarie Give her daughter a phone now and she'll be pregger by 16 ;)

• Lmao
      BET.
      Hoes will produce hoes

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, I didn’t have anything but a flip phone until my last year of high school and I managed splendidly... she’s what, 13? other than to call home, why would she need it?

• She 12 . She says for social media

• @sarahhcmarie it was a word used to describe a mental disability not that long ago. I loathe the word because my brother has autism and people used to call him that 😡

She’s from a time, like me, before cell phones were a commodity. Maybe she has been busy and hasn’t kept up on what is “normal” for teens to have and what isn’t. Besides, teens and preteens are excellent at guilt trips—“but everyone has one!”
      Maybe she was raised fending for herself and didn’t have a role model—maybe a gazillion things. But you, young lady, do NOT get to disrespect your elders. You are 16 and she is in her thirties. Let her be.

• LMFAO.
      OMG.
      @pitzi
      I'm sorry, but everyone says the word "retarded" when someone acts like this mother.
      I'd never call an autistic kid a person with mental disabilities that word.
      I've got some respect.

"But you, young lady, do NOT get to disrespect your elders. You are 16 and she is in her thirties. Let her be."
      Yes, lets go!
      First off, this dumbass ain't my elder. If someone's acting dumb, imma point it out. I'm 16...
      Lol, so?
      You could be like this girl kaewk (not tagging she doesn't need to be involved) who's really smart for her age and I find her to be smarter than some 20 year olds.
      It is sad to say that I'm brighter than a 30-35 year old.
      Just because someone is older does NOT mean they know better.

I was on board with you until you picked a fight, so..
      This one's on you, boo.