Should I live with parents or alone?

I am 23 year old and have a decent job.
Now i am thinking about to move away from my parents.
What do you think, should i?
Pleaseeee give reasons to support your answer..
  • You should live with your family
  • You should live alone
Don't ask me why you are age is showing 19 here

832

Most Helpful Guys

• I would remain for the short term until you saved up enough money to cover any fees you would need to get your own place, not sure what the housing system is like over where you are, but here in the UK
    we have 4 options

Buy
    Rent via local council
    Rent Privately
    Rent via House/flat share

buying will obviously be the most costly upfront
    council option will mean you are put on a list and await housing via a points system which calculates your need/priority
    private renting will mean you have multitude of legal fees, security fees and upfront costs before you begin your tenancy
    as will house/flat share, however the majority will require a background check and 1 months rent in advance or 6 weeks rent in advance
    but personally if you can get a 1 bedroom flat after you saved enough then you should be ok in your own space

• Pros:
    Independence.
    Life experience.
    Can do your own thing, organise your place how you want.
    Nobody to nag you.
    Can have friends over when you want.
    Can walk around the apartment naked if you want to.
    You can live close to work.
    Cons:
    More expensive, easier to save money living with parents.
    Less support, at home you have parents for advice, protection and help.
    Have to do everything yourself, no parents to cook, clean and do the laundry.

If you are independent enough to do things for yourself... and if you are earning a good income where you can pay rent & bills plus save some money too; then I'd say go for it and give it a try. If it doesn't work out then you can always move back again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say live with your parents cuz then you can get free food and stuff. Unless you're paying rent living at your parents house?