Should I live with parents or alone?

I am 23 year old and have a decent job.
Now i am thinking about to move away from my parents.
What do you think, should i?
Pleaseeee give reasons to support your answer..
  • You should live with your family
    Vote A
  • You should live alone
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Don't ask me why you are age is showing 19 here

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I would remain for the short term until you saved up enough money to cover any fees you would need to get your own place, not sure what the housing system is like over where you are, but here in the UK
    we have 4 options

Buy
    Rent via local council
    Rent Privately
    Rent via House/flat share

buying will obviously be the most costly upfront
    council option will mean you are put on a list and await housing via a points system which calculates your need/priority
    private renting will mean you have multitude of legal fees, security fees and upfront costs before you begin your tenancy
    as will house/flat share, however the majority will require a background check and 1 months rent in advance or 6 weeks rent in advance
    but personally if you can get a 1 bedroom flat after you saved enough then you should be ok in your own space

0|0
    0|0
  • Pros:
    Independence.
    Life experience.
    Can do your own thing, organise your place how you want.
    Nobody to nag you.
    Can have friends over when you want.
    Can walk around the apartment naked if you want to.
    You can live close to work.
    Cons:
    More expensive, easier to save money living with parents.
    Less support, at home you have parents for advice, protection and help.
    Have to do everything yourself, no parents to cook, clean and do the laundry.

If you are independent enough to do things for yourself... and if you are earning a good income where you can pay rent & bills plus save some money too; then I'd say go for it and give it a try. If it doesn't work out then you can always move back again.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say live with your parents cuz then you can get free food and stuff. Unless you're paying rent living at your parents house?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• ya know

my friends and i graduated. i moved away and they stayed in the area. each of them still living with their parents

kinda unfair that i have to pay rent and shit and they're getting to pocket their money because they're still at home, rent is a big expense but ofc that's life. if i could, i'd have stayed at home like they did but that wasn't an option

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are in the financial position to move, you should move, assuming that this isn't against some sort of tradition in India of which I am unaware. It's time that you started becoming independent and moving out to your own place - our sharing with a roomie to save expenses- is the first step.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a matter of preference, but I say you have more freedom and learn more about yourself when living alone. As long as you have enough money saved to where you can live comfortably, then move alone. If you're living paycheck to paycheck then living alone isn't worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • At 23, it's time to get a place of your own if you can afford it. If you have a good friend to go with you, you can get an even nicer place. I left home at 22. I did continue to share my parents' beach house until they died. We got along fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think if the job gives you enough money to support yourself
    than live on your own. If things are rocky at home with no
    privacy, lot drama, etc , than you may want try living on your own
    i think if you can afford to live on your own i would say go for it
    it will give you responsibility and give you chance to have some
    privacy and some quiet time without family.

0|0
    0|0
  • Independence is a great thing if you can afford to do it but if you can't afford it then stay with you are. I moved out of home at 16 and spent at least 3 years with no money because of having to pay rent and bills. It really isn't worth it if you can't really afford it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You can if...
    U know to make your own food
    U have your own shelter (not rented).
    U know to protect yourself physically n mentally.
    U keep your stuff neat n clean
    U are aware of your city and your surrounding people.

1|0
    1|0
  • Stay with your parents, unless there is some issue pushing you out. You can save up a lot of money for a house, so when the right girl comes along, etc., you'll be able to have a home for you both.

0|0
    0|0
  • Live with your family as long as you can, unless you got to move to a new city for a job or you get married.. they won't be around forever, so enjoy the limited time with them while you can.

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm if your parents are idiots and bad with English you should probably stay.

If they are doing fine and don't need your help then yes move out as quick as you can.

Of course finding somewhere affordable and possibly housemates will take time.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on what kind of lifestyle you’re looking for. If you stay with your parents you’ll definitely save a lot of money but you’ll be missing out on the independence you’d get from living on your own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pros of living alone:
    - you can make as much noise all hours of the day without getting in trouble
    - you don't have to feel embarrassed living with them
    - you can bring friends or a partner home any time
    - makes you feel independent

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that if you have the resources to live alone, you definitely should. There’s no need to live at your parents‘ house anymore.

1|1
    0|0
  • Living alone sounds sorta scary! You know, in horror movies, people who are alone get picked off first by whatever creepy monsters! XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Live Alone on your Own. Eventually, Things will Change so Do it Soon, Even by Noon. xxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you should you are 23 years old you are an adult

1|0
    0|0
  • To truly be an independent adult you need to live alone for at least a few years.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes