Do you have meaningful relationships outside of your partner/significant other?

Do you prioritize your friends? I meet so many people lately who are in relationships where they are their SO's only form of meaningful communication/support and vice versa. What's your opinion on this? I personally feel that it's okay and necessary to have meaningful relationships with friends/coworkers/etc. rather than JUST my SO. That seems toxic. Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay to have other meaninful platonic and familial relationships. But especially for platonic relationships with coworkers, be careful and don't allow yourself to make them closer to you than your s/o. Hopefully this seems obvious but that can lead to emotional infidelity

0|0
    0|0
    • but to answer the question i did have other meaningful relationships just not many

Most Helpful Girl

• I can love my friends very much but my best friend lives in another city so our conversations are online - we don't talk in person very often.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• Yes. I love my girlfriend so much. We are in a long distance relationship. Yet we don't really share common thoughts on career or on certain other things. I share a good bondage with one of my other friends and we speak about almost everything. Sometimes there will an awkward feeling of romance too because we get along very well. But it doesn't seem to matter as long as, we are within limit. So yes, it happens.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really dont keep very close relationship outside.
    My gf/SO is there for all that, thats why we give them the name which shows Significance.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I have 5 close friends. 1 of them is probably the best friend i ever had.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have good friends, who I do lots for, and drop everything to help out, when they need it.

0|0
    0|0
  • My female cousin is my bestfriend and confidant..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i do

0|0
    0|0
  • If you have it, have it.
    If you don't, don't.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• My parents.. It scares me. I don't know anyone else who does that.. Kinda stuffs with my expectations really.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s important to have relationships outside of a significant other because then you have someone to go to if you and your so are going through a rough patch

0|0
    0|0
  • I have friends but they don’t take priority over my boyfriend. They’re not the ones I’m going to marry and have kids with.

0|0
    0|0
  • My best friend is my soul mate and then it's my partner

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... I have my best friends and co workers.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes