Do you have meaningful relationships outside of your partner/significant other?

Do you prioritize your friends? I meet so many people lately who are in relationships where they are their SO's only form of meaningful communication/support and vice versa. What's your opinion on this? I personally feel that it's okay and necessary to have meaningful relationships with friends/coworkers/etc. rather than JUST my SO. That seems toxic. Thoughts?

78

Most Helpful Guy

• It's okay to have other meaninful platonic and familial relationships. But especially for platonic relationships with coworkers, be careful and don't allow yourself to make them closer to you than your s/o. Hopefully this seems obvious but that can lead to emotional infidelity

• but to answer the question i did have other meaningful relationships just not many

Most Helpful Girl

• I can love my friends very much but my best friend lives in another city so our conversations are online - we don't talk in person very often.