I miss my friend and I want to come back with her, what should I do?

She started off as toxic and we broke off before summer. She apologized a lot before I made it official, so I do feel bad. My mom thought she swore a lot and was a bad influence on me, but I disagree, she was a little crazy but still my best friend.

The truth is, I want to fix it. She was funny and we had a lot of laughs together. I lost all my friends and I'm so alone. I miss her.

I'm unsure what to do because my mom doesn't like her and I don't think she would like that I suddenly want to get back together with her.

Please help, what should I do?
Updates:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I think I will talk to my mom and tell her the situation. I know it`s awful to say, but I only have a few months left of high school and then I`m out. I got accepted to my first choice college, so I`m not really stressing. I would rather have some fun these last months, than torture myself with loneliness if I can avoid it. I will meet people for the rest of my life, but I want to enjoy my teen years before it gets serious. I believe it`s worth a try

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• No offence to your Mum but she can't dictate your life. So you should contact your friend and tell her that you miss her.

2|1
    0|0
    • Thanks. I love my mom and I know she loves me. I understand it`s the reason she is doing it, but I am really unhappy and I just want some cool people to hang out with. I want to enjoy my last months of high school and get back into an active social life.

• Wow that most hurt to lose your best friend so suddenly and i know the feeling as i went through a similar experience. But id say you should do a few things first before getting back togther its not good to get back together with anyone if the relationship was toxic period. So go ahead and contact her if you can but make sure the thongs she was doing have changed like make sure she has become a person the your my will like or at least be willing to give a chance at being your friend. Don't underestimate a mothers intuition. And if age seems to be in a better place and wants to be your friend then go on ahead

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just move on. Moving on is almost always just the right thing to do instead of going back and trying to recreate the past. It's easy to make new friends. Instead of being sad, look at this as an opportunity to put yourself out there and make new friends and to involve yourself in different things.

2|0
    0|0
    • I really tried we broke up before the summer. I just feel lonely without her, we did a lot of fun things together. What I considered toxic was not really that toxic, I guess I was just overreacting. We have never been in a conflict before, and I feel bad if I at least don`t offer a second chance if nothing seriously bad happened. There was no backstabbing or anything like that. She has also apologized, promising to change, so I just thought why not.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• You should get new friends. That would help you develop social skills, get out of your comfort zone, meet new people, experience new things.

Don't think that you must have a best friend, that would create unnecessary attachment, be nice to people and they are nice to you and eventually you would be good friends with them, maybe even get a boyfriend đŸ˜‰

2|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like your "friend" used to have sex with you

1|0
    0|0
  • I also want to have fun with my old friend who has been distant since his injury back then. like we don't even text but he has remembered my birthday and called me this little douche faggot. I literally want to slap his face for treating me like a bitch man I am not homo haha but if I was a girl it would be him.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, I'm sorry. The only thing I can think of is just to be honest with her and ask to start over. You won't be as close at first as you used to be, but maybe you can get back there. Good luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think better to make new friend.. Because you will never forget what she has done to you and she will always be regret.. Even though you will again become friend but it won't be like as it was earlier.. This is my experience

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like the real problem is your mom. Yi ou need to stand up to her and live your life for you not her.

2|0
    0|0
  • Wait... this is just your friend? You are making this sound like a very intimate relationship?

You can spend time with and have affection with anyone you want to at your age, but you shouldn't be basing your essential person on someone else. That is unnecessary, you are your own person, it sounds like you two have a problem with codependency.

It sounds, from the little extract you gave, like you lack boundaries with this person and are making very fundamental decisions about each others lives.

1|0
    0|0
  • Call her

1|0
    0|0
  • Go with your heart

1|0
    0|0
  • Did you just get 18?

0|0
    0|0
    • Apart from that, what the real reason you broke up?

• All the best!

What Girls Said 6

• It sounds like your are going back to toxic friendship cause you've lost your other friends. To some people a toxic friend is better than no friends but I'm gonna tell you the the truth right now. No friends is better than a toxic friend, no friends is better than wolves in sheeps clothing. Do not go back to bad friendship out of loneliness and do not go back unless she's really changed.

2|1
    0|0
    • She promised to change so, I guess we will have to see... not sure if my mom will give her or us another chance.

• the thing is friendships come and go years from now you may find a lot of your friends are busy and moved on. If she's done something that shows she's trouble. You need to steer clear. Take it from someone who messed up her life at 18 with the wrong guy. Put yourself first. You can't help her only she can help herself. And your future matters! Don't put yourself in danger.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like the situation with my ex.

1|0
    0|0
  • do what feels right in your heart

1|0
    0|0
  • If she's toxic then steer clear of her

1|0
    0|0
  • She was the toxic one. It’s her problem not yours. In my experience mums know when a friend is a bad one. Good times are always there but good friends aren’t always. There’s a difference between a friend that’s there for a good time and a friend that’s there in times of hardship and need.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes