I miss my friend and I want to come back with her, what should I do?

She started off as toxic and we broke off before summer. She apologized a lot before I made it official, so I do feel bad. My mom thought she swore a lot and was a bad influence on me, but I disagree, she was a little crazy but still my best friend.

The truth is, I want to fix it. She was funny and we had a lot of laughs together. I lost all my friends and I'm so alone. I miss her.

I'm unsure what to do because my mom doesn't like her and I don't think she would like that I suddenly want to get back together with her.

Please help, what should I do?
Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. I think I will talk to my mom and tell her the situation. I know it`s awful to say, but I only have a few months left of high school and then I`m out. I got accepted to my first choice college, so I`m not really stressing. I would rather have some fun these last months, than torture myself with loneliness if I can avoid it. I will meet people for the rest of my life, but I want to enjoy my teen years before it gets serious. I believe it`s worth a try

712

Most Helpful Guys

• No offence to your Mum but she can't dictate your life. So you should contact your friend and tell her that you miss her.

• Thanks. I love my mom and I know she loves me. I understand it`s the reason she is doing it, but I am really unhappy and I just want some cool people to hang out with. I want to enjoy my last months of high school and get back into an active social life.

• Wow that most hurt to lose your best friend so suddenly and i know the feeling as i went through a similar experience. But id say you should do a few things first before getting back togther its not good to get back together with anyone if the relationship was toxic period. So go ahead and contact her if you can but make sure the thongs she was doing have changed like make sure she has become a person the your my will like or at least be willing to give a chance at being your friend. Don't underestimate a mothers intuition. And if age seems to be in a better place and wants to be your friend then go on ahead

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just move on. Moving on is almost always just the right thing to do instead of going back and trying to recreate the past. It's easy to make new friends. Instead of being sad, look at this as an opportunity to put yourself out there and make new friends and to involve yourself in different things.

• I really tried we broke up before the summer. I just feel lonely without her, we did a lot of fun things together. What I considered toxic was not really that toxic, I guess I was just overreacting. We have never been in a conflict before, and I feel bad if I at least don`t offer a second chance if nothing seriously bad happened. There was no backstabbing or anything like that. She has also apologized, promising to change, so I just thought why not.