Is this a good idea, or do you think I am wasting money?

I am moving out of my apartment with my mom in July, and I was thinking if this was a good idea or not. With over $400+ I have saved over, I thought about getting a storage bin. Buying new stuff for my apartment. I know my mom is going to hand me some stuff down, but I feel like she doesn't take care of anything. My mom went through a hard divorce, and now she is with this man.. Well, I hope she sticks with this man. They fight all the time. My mom stopped cleaning the apartment, and I've been constantly doing the dishes, cleaning around the area, all the above.

So far. I only will stick with small items. By the time I am on my own, I will be making $14.50 and working 82 hours in two weeks. I am also 21 by the way if that matters.. I work in a warehouse, and it's easy work for me... at least. I've been there for almost 5 months. I thought about having a second job on the weekends since I work Monday to Friday 5:30 am to 2 pm.

I just do not want to struggle in the future and try and save up for a coffee pot and such. You know what I am saying?

07

Most Helpful Guy

• I’d hold off on buying any more than the absolute necessities until you’ve been in the new apartment for a while.
    I don’t know what rental prices are like where you are, but on what you’re making you probably won’t have much to spare