Is the traditional Nuclear Family concept dead?

Is the traditional concept off the "Nuclear Family" dead and is it a good or bad thing either way?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other
    Vote C

28

What Guys Said 8

• It's not as common now as earlier, but it still exists. It's more common to either be single, a single parent, an unmarried couple, an unmarried couple with children or been married multiple times and having children with several people than the traditional family structure in many Western countries.

It's very common for children in my country to have divorced parents and not living with both of them at the same time. It's very typically for them to either just living with one of them or living a week in their mother's house and the next week in the father's house. Homosexual couples are also much more common. Soon half of the parents won't be married and just live with the partner or do a lot of break ups because of the society has changed.

How good or bad it's depends from family to family. For some families breakup was the right thing and for others it's bad, but I still think it's a good idea to wait getting children until you've found the right partner. Although it starts to become a norm to being married multiple times having children with two or three people, it can still be bad for the family stability. Children prefer having things simple and straight forward instead of all the confusion.

• OMG, nuclear family. And I was already like: sea launched, land launched or air launched. MIRV, only single warhead concept is not used anymore. Hypersonic, cruise/ballistic missile, decoys or not, stealth coating or not…
    This is nuclear family. Much more interesting, then…whatever you talking about. :-D

• Many are choosing different options. But the nuclear family is still alive and popular.

• I dont consider it to be very traditional if its from the 1950's though. I think its dead yeah. Unfortunately. We are too individualistic nowadays to have such families on widespread scale.

• Looks like it to me. Young women here want no children and 50 different guys.

• 6d

I don't know why they want 50 different guys. Ask any slut and they will be quick to tell you most men are lame in bed. Why not just get with one guy who is good?

• 6d

Guys aren't anything better. I think it's much of the same for both genders. No children and a lot of different partners.

• No. Less common, perhaps, but certainly not dead.

• It never really existed

• seems fo be dying. and yes its bad.

What Girls Said 2

• It’s not dead. And it’s neither a good or bad thing. Whatever works for you.

• I'm confused