How can someone have such an effect on how everybody sees them?

for the majority of my life I was a misfit from my own family & peers at school
I wasn't picked on but I was snubbed & ignored by everyone

I was isolated since then & a few years ago I came out & suddenly I was given TOO MUCH attention from both genders

I was gossiped about, rumors were spread about me, guys wanted to size me up, females tried to provoke me &/or get my attention

eventually a few scraps & hatred built between me a few of those people that eventually they've left me alone but everyone literally hates me after hating them & fighting back

10