Why don't people love their families?

I see a lot of people including myself who are happy with friends and wanna spend all their time with friends. but then when family comes they are like "ah man". Why is that? Shouldn't we enjoy family time?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 4

• I love family time and my friends don’t.

Family is important to me as they’re those people that will love and support you unconditionally even if you’ve messed up really bad.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

I've been friends with the same people since kindergarten

• I love my broken family. I know my older sister would choose her closest friends over family because she’s tired of all the family issues.

Some people don’t really know what having a family is like. So the definition of family may be sketchy for them. Maybe the dad left (or the mum), maybe both parents were abusive, maybe they were shipped off to a relative and never really knew them, or both passed away (like who really knows). Friendship can be a higher value then family if that was the case, and I get that. It happens, and i don’t think there’s is anything bad about it

0|1
    0|0
  • Because you can actually choose your friends, family is just a bunch of people that your parents force you to like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nu family are abusive so thats why I don't like them but I can't speak for everyone else

0|1
    0|1
    • 3d

*my not nu

What Guys Said 3

• Just because a person has been causally forced to exist in a certain kind of social situation (being born into whatever family), dosen't mean they'll like the people involved. I'm gonna say too that "should" is a pretty sketchy word to use here, what does "should enjoy" mean? Whatever we (as conscious things) do and don't enjoy is entirely involuntary. Additionally, I'm speaking about human beings in general, keep that in mind, thanks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Coz they dont adjust.
    Have different mindset.
    Parenting is a reason too...

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people in their teens, 20s, and 30s are like that. Your attitude will change when you get in your 40s.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes