Why does my half brother ignore me?

I live with my mother in the USA (She’s an African mother) so when I went to go visit my step siblings In Australia (different mom) i had a great time with them except my half brother (he’s 20) was talkative for the first 2 days with me but now is distant with me. My youngest there is 12 and my oldest sister is 22. He texts all my other siblings but doesn’t respond to me. My mother said it’s because he’s attracted because he likes girls who look like me but I think that is wild. I feel like I’m left out and unloved.

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• No his mom might be right, living with sisters and then having a pretty girl claiming to be family could catch you off guard, he just might need time to get used to you, perhaps talk to him and try to bring up convos, remember that since you haven't been there you are a stranger in a way and he might just not be confortable around you no biggy, its not that you aren't loved lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh no honey! He is just totally in to you... I do the same to my cousin at the age of 17 she was then 15 and so hot!!! It sucked!!! Haha! But I’m shore you two will be fine!

0|0
    0|0
  • These things happen with siblings and it's sad it be nice if
    everyone could get along. I know me and my sister haven't
    spoke since 2014 and i do miss us having a sibling relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he gets a boner with you in the room. Maybe he has the hots for you. Im sorry that he is ignoring you or keeping busy. Im sorry you feel unloved. I hope he connects like a brother should.

0|0
    0|0
  • It could be he is attracted to you and he feels uncomfortable since his step sister

0|0
    0|0
  • You look attractive. 😘
    Your brother is kinda naughty or bad guy may be

0|0
    0|0
  • I think your mom's right.

0|0
    0|0
  • might be jealous too

0|0
    0|0
  • he is attracted to u

0|0
    0|0
  • You can ask him directly for the reason

0|0
    0|0
  • could be moms right, he has a thing for you

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if he's attracted to you then he's probably being distant because he's confused and he wants the attraction to go away.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• maybe he's just not that close with you and for those first days he wanted you to feel welcome.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

Wow that’s unfair because my youngest sibling lives in South Africa

• 1d

oh well lol i don't know your family dynamics. it was just a guess. i agree with everyone else. he may have an attraction to you.

Recommended myTakes