Is it true that some women secretly want to be homemakers?

I've heard from a few female friends and some colleagues that they would want to stay at home if the husband made enough money to take care of the kids and husband full time. I didn't know this was even a thing in 2018.

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Plenty of women still are and want to be homemakers, but not so secretly

I have worked with plenty of women (5 whose names and faces I can think of off the top of my head) who stayed at home to raise their children, and then started working again (mostly part-time) once their children grew up and they got stir-crazy. They are proud to say they were their for their children, and most of them have ideal marriages and loving families (that I've met and can attest for)

I want to be a homemaker for my future husband because that will put me in the best position to provide for and take care of him. Work stresses me out and makes me physically ill (as in I'm dealing with workman's comp right now because I got injured at work), something that would get in the way of a relationship. I want to be happy, healthy and stress-free so I can greet my (future) husband with a smile, a healthy home-cooked meal, and unconditionally love everyday when he comes home from work, but if I also have to work, then none of that is going to happen. I want to stay home so I can clean our home, raise any children we may have (and have a safe pregnancy since I don't want my mother's schizophrenia affecting my children and healthy pregnancy is the best way to prevent that), and make sure he has a relaxing, clean, warm, inviting home to return to after work. He will also be pleased in the bedroom because I won't have any excuse to refuse him if he lets me stay home, and I'll be able to workout everyday to keep in fit physically shape for him. Another huge benefit is that I'll be able to devote more time towards my art because my hands won't hurt from work, so I'll be able to sew outfits that he wants to see me in and create any artwork for the house he wants (as well as redo the house when we buy one because I can do some of that handy stuff too)

Personally I feel like I would be a grouchy, selfish wife if I had to work because I would be in too much pain and be too tired to care about his needs. He would feel rejected and like I didn't have enough time for him or want to be around him (especially since I need alone time to myself for creativity). I wouldn't be able to cook for us or work out and keep up with the house, so we would probably both get fat (which is horrifying and a huge turnoff for me, so I know our sex life would suffer as well as quality of life). I also would bring my negativity home from work and vent about it which has been proven to be bad for relationships

That's why I'm working hard now to save up money. I'm going to buy a house next year if I don't meet a man by then, and start paying it off. If I meet a man after I buy a house, he can take over the payments or we can rent it out and live in something bigger. If I go into a marriage with equity, then he can't hold a checkbook over my head when I'm "at home doing nothing" lol. We won't have to worry about finances because I'm preparing now for the future... and if I don't meet the man of my dreams, then I'll be anoe to pay my house off by the time I turn 40, and I'll be able to retire in my 50s, and devote the rest of my life to my creative endeavors and art

1|0
    0|0
  • I want that and it is no secret. I definitely hope to be able to stay at home and raise my kids and cook for my husband and clean etc. My boyfriend is fully supportive of the idea provided of course he can make enough money and depending on savings. That is why we only want kids in our 30's. To give enough time and I can save money now already.

0|0
    0|0
  • Omg. This isn’t a taboo. It’s no secret. Some women want to be housewives and some don’t, you just hear about the one who don’t more for whatever reason. But this isn’t some needle in a haystack situation as most people would love to think.

1|0
    0|1
  • Yeah, lots of people would like to have the opportunity to stay home to raise their children, men and women alike.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that’s no secret. The secret would be guys who want to do that bc they are made to feel self conscious about it by other guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not possible. Billions and billions of women in the world and exactly 0 of them want to be homemakers.🙄

2|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Well I don't want one but there is a lot of them out there

• Some do and some don't. Personally i would like to but mot everyone does. I know id be judged for it too

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean it depends. It’s fun to develop talents it’s fun to cultivate a career and education having something you make or do be valued enough to make money. Its not fun to work a 9-5 job that has very little passion in it and has a barely life sustaining pay. It’s also a development thing, people who have a stay at home mom and a positive outcome are more likely to wanna repeat that kind of adult life, where in my case my father died when I was young and even though my mom wasn’t a stay at home mom, we couldn’t afford to live off her single income so I could never place my financial stability in the hands of my spouse Incase anything happened to them. So many things cultivate a person’s ideal life style. Its not some secret desire to some women just better than some options

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I want this but other times I want to earn my own money

0|0
    0|0
  • Couldn’t think of anything worse than staying at home 😫😫😫

1|0
    0|0
  • No, not all women want that.

2|0
    0|0
  • I do.

1|1
    0|0
  • No way! I already have a career goal

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not a secret but in 2019 few have the luxury.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    1|0
  • Mmmm hmmm.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope nope , that’s not my thing

0|0
    0|0
  • My fiancée wants to be one

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Ya for sure
    I know a girl that at age 22 basically said I wanna be a house mom lol

And also know this one lazy fat chick at 36 that popped out 2 kids and does absolutely nothing all day lol and loves it

Ewww so gross

0|0
    1|0
  • Some do, some don't. Some want to do it for the right reasons. Some want to do it so they can just sit on their butt and do nothing all day while hubby pays for everything. I know both types.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nearly all of them do that's how they evolved. Just look at how men and women are built. Women aren't built for war and hard labor, men are.

0|0
    1|0
  • There’s no shame in doing that! Everyone should have the freedom of choice

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe some but I am only into women who are career focused

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most women want to.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tons of women want to be homemakers. We just don't hear about them much because they have been made to feel ashamed of that by feminists so they don't openly talk about it.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes