Is hanging out with friends basically “Non Dates”?

My friend called our hangouts “Non Dates”, because despite being a guy and a girl we weren’t attracted to each other.

It got me thinking... Any activities you do on a date, you can do with friends. So are hangouts basically “Non Dates”?Is hanging out with friends basically “Non Dates”?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Dates are hang out with the intention of potentially dating them in the future. It's good to make clarification.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• We call them mate dates.
    When two friends who are male and female hang out.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• depends on the individual's perspective of it, one may think of it as a hang out, while the other may think of it as a platonic date, but as long as there are no romantic intentions, it's just spending time together and having fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • These are non dates. And unlike the person who said he fucked every female friend he had and you will too eventually, I haven't fucked my female friends, and there is no particular reason to believe you will.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean you can do things as friends and you can do them as dates its just however you want it to be. You can go eat dinner with a friend and it just being hanging out or you can go do it as a date its however y'all see it

0|0
    0|0
  • To me is just to hangout, that could lead to dating.

0|0
    0|0
  • the line between friendship and sexual partners is very thin.
    If you keep saying you are just friends you are lying to yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the purpose of going on date is different than the hangout. It is true that you do similar things on a date and a hangout. While hanging out you spend time with the other person for leisure and to feel good and socialize, whereas in dating people try to know what other person is like, what are his or her good and bad charactersics and things like that. I have never been on a date like Americans go on so I can't tell much. I do know the purpose of it though.

For some people values matter most when finding a partner. There can be situations where your friend might have different values than yours that's why he doesn't qualify for going on a date but he is a good person otherwise so you hangout with him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why would you hang out if you aren't attracted to each other?

0|0
    0|0
  • Movies , Concerts , shopping , watch tv. But then again few of guy friends are gay and so am I.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've fucked every female friend I've had. And you will too eventually

0|0
    0|0
  • No Date, mate. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • What's a non-date?

0|0
    0|0
  • They're antidates.