Are my parents being rediculous? Should I move out? Or am I the ridiculous one?

So here is my situation. I'm 20 years old and I'm in nursing school at the moment, but have a job as an ekg tech. Now, I live with my parents at the moment, but I pay my car note, phone bill, and I buy any other things I happen to want/need such as cosmetics, clothes, and some groceries. I sometimes want to pay rent to my parents and buy my own groceries and all, because that would make me feel more accomplished, but they both told me that would be ridiculous and that I should save the remainder of my money. It's just that not providing for myself at my age gives me a little anxiety and I feel embarrassed about it in a sense, I guess, but maybe they are right and I should save while I can. On top of this I really have no freedom here at home. I'm not allowed to date or go anywhere on my own and my parents keep a tracker app on my phone. I know all of that sounds ridiculous, but I somewhat understand why my parents do these things, as before I paid for my car and all I had betrayed them by seeing a boy they didn't approve of. This all happened a couple of months ago. They didn't like the guy because he was an atheist and they are Christian. I am undecided at the moment as far as religion goes and still trying to figure things out. I don't see him anymore tho, as he broke up with me over 3 word text the day after I lost my virginity to him, but you live and learn I guess lol. Anyways, I'm not allowed to see anyone else or go anywhere other than school and work because of this betrayal. Until I can be trusted again. They said I can't be trusted again until I am Christian. Should I move out to have some freedom and a life even though I can barely afford it or should I stay and save my money? Sometimes the isolation makes me feel depressed, but I don't want to make rash decisions and I somewhat understand their stance, as I am ashamed of betraying them. I also don't know who I am apart from them and I sometimes think being on my own would help me figure myself out but I

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• As long as u are in nursing school you shouldn't move. I understand your struggle but.. living on your own is WAY more expensive than what u got. Surely you can "sneak" out from time to time... pretending you work or whatever.
    You can move if you got a nurse job. Until you may can convince your parents for a compromise...

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Lol a compromise is unlikely, but I understand your point. Maybe I can withstand this a little longer for the sake of my career

• 6d

it would definitively pay out later :)

• "I don't want to make rash decisions"
    OK, and you lost your virginity to a guy you knew HOW well?
    See, THAT'S what your parents are concerned about.
    I see overly-protective parents ALL the time. I've dealt with them with some girls I've dated.
    Look, parents wouldn't be so concerned if they knew for sure you would make mature decisions while they weren't watching. They aren't convinced of that yet, so they keep literally spying on you.
    You already understand this, so you should talk to them about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • You should move out

0|0
    0|1
  • Move the fuck out, what narcissistic parents

0|0
    0|0
  • You should move out.

0|0
    0|0
  • Move out. You’re 20