Would you be friends with someone like this again?

I used to be friends with this girl who had a temper issue. I used to think she's a good person at heart and she'll overcome her anger issues someday.

Well, one day.. A guy she had a big crush on started spreading false rumours about me. He told my former friend some horrible lies to her. He wanted to break my friendship with her to get back at me and also cover up his mistakes and it turned out, she believed his lies. She got angry and said some hurtful things to me, then she said how she wish I get killed soon. She said all those things rather than sit down and talk about it. It shocked me and hurted me a lot.

So, I decided to end friendship with her as I didn't want to be with someone who doesn't appreciate my presence in their life. She messaged me after 9-10 months, but I chose to not respond. She called me few times today, I didn't pick up. So, she messaged me. She accepted that she had some misunderstanding and she really misses me and how she's going through some problems. To be honest, I just want to help and then leave. Not sure if that would be the right thing to do.

Would you actually give someone another chance who wished death upon you? What do you think I should do? Thank you.

618