Would you be comfortable with the idea of a lesbian couple having a child?

Especially with it being absolutely none of your business
  • Yes, because why not?
    Vote A
  • No because father figures or whatever
    Vote B
  • No because, as we all know, gayness is contagious and not genetic
    Vote C
  • As long as it's a stable household I don't care
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• As long as they are good people. The sexual orientation would never be the issue for me. The wellness of one's heart and soul is the most important factor.

I'd prefer good lesbian parents to jerk abusive ignorant straight parents any day.

They would offer home to a human being. Looking after them, educating them, caring for them. How on earth that could be opposed?

Besides, of course it's also none of my business anyway. But i'd stand up against abusive parents when i see one. Lesbian or straight.

1|0
    0|0
  • "Having a child" how? By cloning themselves and getting pregnant by having the cloned fetuses of one another inserted into their wombs?

0|0
    0|0
    • "Having" as in possessive, and the thing possessed being a child, not "having a child" as in giving birth.

Should've probably been more clear.

• Show All
    • And if you're going to talk to other child welfare officers like that when they come knocking on your door, or asking how you're doing with the adopted child, don't expect to be allowed to 'possess the thing' for very long. Or to be given another chance to do so.

• Lol, my misdeed here is my poor wording choices. I went with "possession" vs "custody" because I'm not very good with words.

Holy fucking shit, what a monster I am.

Anybody else reading what I wrote would probably be able to deduce that I don't regard children as property.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anybody willing to accept the responsibly of raising a kid, and willing to offer their home to a stranger is worthy of respect. Besides it's the straight couples who keep getting knocked up without being able to actually take care of the damn thing.

1|2
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• One has to think of the child first. Not the prospective parents. I for one would have hated not having a mum and a dad. I needed both to give me a complete upbringing. I know my brother and my boyfriend feel the same way.

0|1
    0|1
  • Yessssss. Now I am not saying it's "good" to be lesbian.
    But I mean who cares. A person has a choice. It's Freedom.
    The Fosters!
    Would you be comfortable with the idea of a lesbian couple having a child?

1|1
    1|1
  • I'm fine with it as long as the two women aren't men haters. I'm not saying all lesbians hate men. I know some who do and others that don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think its ideal, but if its a stable household its ultimately up to them. As long as they provide a father for the child in terms of behavior. Especially boys need someone to have rough play with to learn there boundaries and whats socially acceptable. Otherwise you might end up with an aggressive kid.

0|0
    0|0
    • Can't think of a single boy i know who grew up with a single mother who was aggressive because he didn't have a father figure around.

• @lifeisgames I didn't say its inevitable but a clinical psychologist found this pattern in both rats and humans basic instincts. So the mom will have to do the father role and do rough play and teach responsibility and give practical advise. Its what the child needs in there upbringing. And from experience i know woman tend to mistake it for fighting and break it off to early. Its important for boys to know how to be both strong and gentle so if there is no father around the mother will have to teach it to them.

• I would be happy that a child has a home 😂
    If someone is really concerned about gay/lesbian couples trying to grow their family, then they’ve got their priorities fucked up.

0|1
    0|1
  • There's to many babies in the system already, taking one out of that hell is good news regardless of the parents.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't see why a lesbian couple having a child would be an issue, as long as the child has a good home to grow up in.

1|0
    0|0
  • a child need a mother and a father for development. how can a boy grow to be a man if there is no man? how can a girl learn what a real man is if there isn't one one to learn from? as childern-we learn from our parents... usually.

1|0
    0|1
  • Why does it matter how I feel about what other people do with their lives?

0|0
    0|0
  • NO. Absolutely not. This lesbian business is a scam to get rid of men.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want a child to be with a parent that will love and care for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Couldn't care much. What would annoy me would be if they brag about it everywhere.

0|1
    0|0
    • But its ok for a straight couple to brag on their baby?

• @lifeisgames It's not that kind of brag I'm talking about. I'm talking about the medias brag. The "oh look those lesbians had a baby, they're so brave, so perfect, so this, so that" as if being a lesbian suddenly makes you someone exceptional.

• Alright. I can agree with that.

• I don't know yet, as I have seen very little science done on what that does to a child.

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s fine with me

Many kids need homes and its none of my business

0|0
    0|0
  • It’s none of my business so I give no shits.

0|1
    0|1
  • voted a

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because why not?

1|1
    0|1
  • No

0|1
    0|2
  • yes and no

0|0
    0|0
  • As long as it's a stable household I don't care

0|0
    0|0
  • I have an ex-girlfriend who became a lesbian later on. She is actually married to another woman and they have an adopted daughter. I'm sure she had to overcome a lot of obstacles to come out to her family, etc. Same with her wife I'd imagine. So I just figure, who am I to judge?

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • Is the hot lesbians or the butch fade haircut lesbians that wear fucking rainbow headbands if the latter then no

0|0
    1|0

Recommended myTakes