What would you do if your parents did not approve of your partner?

1715

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends why, but foremost, id be highly disappointed and upset. My family is wicked close, and our household belief, if you're with one of us, your with all of us. Not intimately of course, but if you're dating one of us, then you're part of the family. So if they didn't like him, id be very skeptical on how to approach things. I mean, if its for a petty reason, id talk things over for everyone to discuss the problem, and hopefully soothe things over. But if its a serious reason, then I'm definitely talking with everyone, for they may see something off about him, that I can't see. So it's good to look into things.

• My parents didn’t approve of my man, I married him anyways at age 20, spent 16 years with him had 3 kids and a good life! He started drinking too much being an asshole so I made him leave and never looked back. I don’t regret it and we are still good friends and co parent pretty well ( not perfect but better then most)

• They must have had visions of him 16 years in the future. But honestly, how many girls fall for real dicks and find out their parents were right after all?

• @EclipseoftheHeart I just figured it’s my life, they were living there’s, and I wanted to start mine with or with out there blessing/ right or wrong! Most parents probly are right, but I would not want to go through my life wondering what if and possibly alone! He loved me and treated me good and that’s all that mattered!

Most Helpful Guys

• Glad to see that most comments are saying "I would still date them. It's my choice; not theirs." We really need to lose traditionalism and start seeking our own happiness. It should only be your choice. You know what resonates with you more than anyone else. That includes your partner.

• Probably date them anyway, they liked my ex a lot and she was the worst one.