What would you do if your parents did not approve of your partner?

What would you do if your parents did not approve of your partner?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Depends why, but foremost, id be highly disappointed and upset. My family is wicked close, and our household belief, if you're with one of us, your with all of us. Not intimately of course, but if you're dating one of us, then you're part of the family. So if they didn't like him, id be very skeptical on how to approach things. I mean, if its for a petty reason, id talk things over for everyone to discuss the problem, and hopefully soothe things over. But if its a serious reason, then I'm definitely talking with everyone, for they may see something off about him, that I can't see. So it's good to look into things.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents didn’t approve of my man, I married him anyways at age 20, spent 16 years with him had 3 kids and a good life! He started drinking too much being an asshole so I made him leave and never looked back. I don’t regret it and we are still good friends and co parent pretty well ( not perfect but better then most)

1|1
    2|1
    • They must have had visions of him 16 years in the future. But honestly, how many girls fall for real dicks and find out their parents were right after all?

• @EclipseoftheHeart I just figured it’s my life, they were living there’s, and I wanted to start mine with or with out there blessing/ right or wrong! Most parents probly are right, but I would not want to go through my life wondering what if and possibly alone! He loved me and treated me good and that’s all that mattered!

Most Helpful Guys

• Glad to see that most comments are saying "I would still date them. It's my choice; not theirs." We really need to lose traditionalism and start seeking our own happiness. It should only be your choice. You know what resonates with you more than anyone else. That includes your partner.

0|1
    1|1
  • Probably date them anyway, they liked my ex a lot and she was the worst one.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well, sometimes friends, including your parents, can see some red flags that you don't see because you are nuts about someone. They say love is blind and sometimes it is. So I'd at least hear them out and say, ok, you hire a private investigator. If they find some bad things out I'll go along with you and end it.

0|2
    0|0
  • My 2nd boyfriend my parents didn't like. His parents didn't like me either. I wwsnt good enough for their son.
    After we broke up he got married then divorced. When I went to his funeral (he died unexpectedly) his parents came up to me and said if we never made him break up with you he would still be alive and happy. We are so sorry

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care what my father thought and my mother well it just depends at the end.. your happiness matters more than what your parents think and im pretty sure if our parents seen us happy then it wouldn't matter

0|1
    0|1
  • I would ask them for the reasons why. If they are rational or not then I’ll make my own decision. If their disapproval is irrational like because he is a different religion then it wouldn’t matter to me.

0|1
    0|1
  • Nothing! That’s their problem I can’t change who I love and if whomever I’m with makes me happy I would never feel the need to stop being with them to make my parents happy!!! It’s my life and at the end of the day it’s them I’m going home to NOT my parents

0|1
    0|1
  • I would pay attention as to why maybe they see something dangerous I don't. However if I don't see it then I would proceed and let the relationship run it's course for better or worse.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd always take their word for it. The only time they've been disapproving was when I was crushing on someone who I soon came to realize was a complete and total asshole/dick.

0|1
    0|0
  • I might listen to why they don't approve, maybe they notice something I didn't
    Although I won't believe them completely, I'd take what they say int consideration. But I would decide whether I belong with her or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents don't like my girlfriend, they claim she's a sl*t cause she's a natural blonde. They call her a bunch of names, even in front of her, I learned to ignore it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Have an at length detailed conversation as to why & explain why I do want them

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd continue to date them anyways. They don't have any say in who I date. They can disapprove all they want, it's my choice.

0|2
    0|0
  • They can't stop me from loving who i love. I would not want to see them again if they hate me for that and carry on with my life.

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell them to suck it up cuz this person's going to be around until further notice.

0|2
    0|0
  • Nothing.. if they made it an issue for ie I'd tell them to fuck them Selves..

0|1
    0|0
  • I would not care because it's my choice at the end of the day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Omo... We must sought it out. My lady or my single

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd tell them to go spit up a rope

0|1
    0|0
  • Don’t really care

0|1
    0|1
  • Cry.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing. They can sit there an not approve.

0|2
    0|0
  • My reaction would vary depending on why.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask why, and see if the reason valid

0|1
    0|0
  • Marry her anyway 🤗

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say deal with it lol

0|1
    0|0
  • Tell them not to come when my girl is in labor

0|1
    0|0
  • Elope with her

0|1
    0|0
  • Not give a shit

0|1
    0|0

• Relationships and marriages are meaningless when even parents are not ready to accept it.

I will ask them why?
    They wouldn't reject our choice without a reason.
    And then I will try to explain them, persuade them.

And wait until they accept our relations.

Love without responsibility is no love at all.

Marriage is performed so that people in the society acknowledge a man and a woman as each other's life partner.

For them to make the8r relationship known to the world.

So that people in the society would consider them responsible for each other.

So that they take blessings from god.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes