On a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?

On a scale of 1-10, how strict are/were your parents?

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I would say as a kid, they were as high as a 6/10, but as I earned their trust over the years, by the time I was an upperclassman in high school, they were more like a 3/10. They wouldn't be happy campers if I knocked up some chick, or if I got arrested. But if I wanted to randomly leave my house at 2:00 am on a Tuesday, they wouldn't even ask me where I was going. Or if I came back home one day with my ear pierced, they wouldn't care.

0|1
    0|0
  • 8.5 I'd say

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Definitely an 8 my dad was in the military and fun wasn’t in his vocabulary. That statement that strict parents create sneaky kids is 100% correct. I found ways despite him tracking my every move.

0|1
    0|0
  • 8.5-9.5 my parents don't really give me freedom. For example I need to get high A's fir grades and I don't really go out besides volunteering and chruch stuff

0|1
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

That sucks. They should let you go out once in a while. That is good you get good grades.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• 8. My parents were very strict compared to my friends’ parents and that bothered me a lot. I was always the one to be the first one to go home while everyone was having fun which meant that I couldn’t be included in conversations. Stuff like that which made me lose confidence.

0|1
    0|0
    I could do whatever I wanted and my mom almost never noticed and when she did, she hardly cared.

I missed 80 days of school one year and she didn't notice lol. I went to night school to make sure to graduate on time. And when i came back home late she didn't even ask where I was lol.

I actually have a lot of problems due to lack of discipline

1|1
    0|0
  • 1 or 2 maybe
    They were never strict they have been very very cooperative and understanding throughout my life
    And whenever the need be they would just sit and talk to me and would council me on the matter

0|2
    0|0
    • 10 d ago

Same as mine. Not strict. Just wanted give their views and tools.

• Show All
    • 8 d ago

@Clowr hehe i like that
      But i only sneaked out a few times otherwise i had full support to go out to parties clubbing etc but the only limit was dont end up on the door with someone who does drugs

• 8 d ago

Same. Cause I did not drink to much. Knew my limits.
      And don't end up so intoxicated you don't know the different between your parents and a radiator when trying to be serious and having eye contact.

• When i hit 17 i got a magic ass-kick out of the family house right into the college campus. Then never really coming back home. So my parents did a 10/10 in wisdom.

0|1
    0|0
  • My uncle was a cop so I’m sure you can guess. My ass stayed sneaking out and being horrible though 🙄🙄🙄

0|1
    0|0
  • 9. As far as the photo... a parent should be strict about some things or they’re not raising their kid to be a good member of society.

The question would be what areas to be strict on & what age to relax

0|1
    0|0
  • My mom could easily have been a 20/10 when I was a child and started relaxing after I turned 20... My dad was more relaxed, like a 5/10. Back then I used to complain about it all the time... But growing up I appreciate that they were this way.

0|1
    0|0
  • With me, my mom’s a solid 6.5. I was never really super social growing up, so she never had to worry about me going out and doing things I shouldn’t be doing. When it came to school she was hard on me, but I brought that upon myself by skipping and getting shitty grades.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think they were pretty balanced but leaned more towards laid back. They cared about us and had expectations of us, but they weren’t demanding and all up in our business.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents gave us lots of freedom and guided us to better places by encouraging us to work hard. Showed how caring they are... not perfect but we turned out well...

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents are extremely chill. Not strict. at all (which I don't like sometimes haha). They would be 2/10 on being strict.

0|1
    0|0
  • i'd say 1-2/10. they were not strict at all. i was allowed a lot of things but they were very consistent with punishment. like i already knew exactly where the limits were and what would happen if i went there.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents were strict, an 8-9 but I was not sneaky kid though 🤔

0|2
    0|0
  • When I was in school I'd say they were around 7 and 8. Now my mom is around 3 but my dad is still a 6 or 7.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say they were a 9. They weren't crazy about things like doing chores or home work but my dad would not let me have an existence outside of him. He tried to control everything about me from the way I talked to the way I sat in a room to the posture I used to express myself to my tone of voice when I was talking to somebody to the choice of words I used when I was saying something to the things I respected and liked and the things I didn't respect and didn't like. If I had a difference of opinion with him on any matter such as a a political or on the sexual attractiveness of a male or female celebrity - he would punish me by yelling at me and telling me I was worthless and stupid. I grew up terrified of being genuine and honest with others as a result of all the hatred my dad showed me whenever I tried to be myself around people. I'm 33 and I still have spiritual wounds from all the horrible things he said to me.

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess 10. Not only strict but they are overprotective too. And anti social.

0|1
    0|0
  • A good 6 1/2 maybe 7. Not too bad. I did however give the middle finger to my daddy and he got angry lol I don't know what that meant when I was like 10. lol

0|1
    0|0
  • 6 or 7. It was easy for my dad to find out the shit I did, and he always confronted me but he let it go after a while most of the time lol

0|1
    0|0
  • About an 8.5. Everytime I mentioned something they were not into (eg going ice skating because a friend of a friend cut his fingers), they'd ban me from going.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably like a 7 but i was the youngest so got away with everything!

0|2
    0|0
  • For Dutch standards, about a 6-7. I wasn’t allowed to do most of the things my friends were allowed to do.

World’s standards? A 3-4.

0|1
    0|0
  • Under 12: 9.5
    12-15: 8
    16-18: 6
    After that, zero, but if I mess up my mom still has permission to tell me. At 68 she is far wiser than I am.

0|1
    0|0
  • From 0 to 12 they were very strict. After the age of 12 they didn't seem to give a shit about anything I did so it was very strange.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say 7 or 8, that's what made me a rebel as a teenager.

0|1
    0|0
  • Around 8.
    Now I'm a rebel.
    However I have seen worse.

0|1
    0|0
  • A 3 or 4, they demand respect but are permissive, it worked bad with my brother, he pushes his luck too far

0|1
    0|0
  • 6/10 most of the time I was able to go anywhere until 11: o’clock PM

0|1
    0|0
  • Around an 8 when I was younger now it would probably be 4

0|1
    0|0
  • maybe a 6 or a 7. it really depends bc sometimes they can pretty strict about certain subjects and other times they can be really loose about other subjects that some parents are strict about. I mean as every parents they contradict themselves all the time. Like the other day they were going on a trip for the weekend and I wasn't going so I asked if I could sleep at my best friends house and they said no however they have let me sleep at her place before so I don't know what the problem was. parents are weird.

0|1
    0|0
  • No constraints whatsoever. And I was a renegade at that age.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't remember tbh but my mom used to beat the shit out of me on occasions tho it's normal here.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mom was like 8 strict and now she's like 5 or 6.
    My dad was not strict at all. Maybe 5 and still is 5

0|0
    0|0
  • They were pretty strict, 8

0|1
    0|0
  • Uh, 2. Maybe a 3.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really know, I never wanted to do anything

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd say it was about 8

0|1
    0|0
  • like a 4

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on their mood that day 💙💜

0|1
    0|0
  • 1/10

0|1
    0|0
  • A good 7

0|1
    0|0
  • 9 i would say.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dude, you should really learn how to scale.

0|1
    0|0
  • My mom was a 10.

0|1
    0|0
  • My parents were 8 or 9.

0|1
    0|0

0|1
    0|0
  • 0, they did not give a single fuck about me.

0|1
    0|0
  • 5/10

0|1
    0|0
  • Zero. I don't have parants.

0|1
    0|0
  • 10 /10

0|1
    0|0
  • Around 5-to-6