Boyfriend’s friend: incredibly disrespectful?

My boyfriend and I are pretty serious. Like, see each other as long term, possible marriage, etc. I get along fantastically with his friends and family. I’m invited to guys night, because they genuinely love me. (I decline).

Now, I don’t really hangout with them- my boyfriend needs his own space and I like keeping our friends separate, except for rare occasions. We have plans for this Saturday, our anniversary (tomorrow), but his friends want a guys night at his place. (They all see each other almost daily)

My boyfriend turned them down, saying blah blah blah, I’m with Valiant. One of his friends, who I’m good with, took it upon himself to get pissed and text me aggressively. Insulting me, being very disrespectful. Photoshopped my boyfriend into the “last seen: under his girlfriends thumb” meme. I’m not controlling in the slightest. This Saturday is our anniversary, or I would’ve said to hangout with them.

My boyfriend is pissed at the friend. I’m supposed to hangout with said friend next weekend with a smaller group. Do I move past this, or keep him on the rocks?

TLDR: boyfriends friend incredibly disrespectful. Keep hanging out with him, or put some distance?
5 d ago
More info: my boyfriend was/is fully aware of what his friend said and sent me. He yelled at him for it and the friend is under a lot of heat. If I asked my boyfriend would cut off all contact with him, I know this. However, I don’t want to be a bitch like that- I’m not too upset, just shocked at the insane disrespect from someone I’m friends with.
1 d ago
Pulled the friend aside and he actually started apologizing profusely. We are both good now. Thanks for everyone’s advice:)

213