Help! How do I deal with a judgmental family member?

So here's the deal (this is going to sound off topic a sec). Im somebody that loves all animals (my parents are the same). My pets are family to me they aren't just "pets". I have a cat and 2 dogs.

My grandma has been known to get her foot up her ass sometimes when talking to family. Im somebody who she loves to critisize more than anyone. Whether its judging what im wearing and saying i ain't girly enough, to dictating how im supposed to live my life.

Anyways, tomorrow im going out of town to see her and other family members. Im going to her house first, mom dropping me off. I called her tonight to let her know im coming. Its just me and mom coming, my dad always has to stay home with the animals because we can't afford boarding them. My dad still occasionally goes by himself to see family.

When i told my grandma im coming she said "i assume you guys aren't coming as a family are you" i said no and said why. She said "y'all just need to get rid of your pets." Then said "think about it all your doing is putting dogs ahead of your family." I got pissed and said "so what?" Without truly meaning it. She instantly tried to steer the conversation to where she suddenly loves animals and thinks the same as me about it. She should at least be fucking happy she's even seeing me.

Yes, i get that not everyone loves animals the same way. But she knows the kind of person i am and just loves to push my buttons about anything. I've dealy with it for years and this is really starting to put me over the edge. I respect my elders but i feel like if she gets over-judgy about something with me i may just explode.

What can i do? Im really dreading seeing her tomorrow cause i know i'll be hearing more of her comments.

716