My guy friend is always beside me. How do I show that even though I think he's great, I need space?

He's very sweet and a good friend, but he's always following me around. He always waits for me before leaving which is very nice, and always walks with me. I feel like he might have a crush on me, but I don't know how I feel about him when it comes to romantic interest.

There's this other guy I have a crush on, and I'll try to slow down or speed up when walking so I can be near him and maybe get his attention, but my guy friend is constantly by my side and I feel like I can't do it when I'm with other people. So when I want to talk to my crush, it's harder to do because then my friend starts talking to me so I can't just ignore my friend and see my crush. I've never told my guy friend who my crush is. How do I properly communicate that I need some space or at least show it in my body language?
2
0