My mom is dying, what do I do?

I come from a rather barbaric family and several years ago we lost touch with my mother. She was the barbarian queen in a way. Many nights my siblings and I would cower in fear from her tyranny. We survived an average of 15 years of her verbal abuse between us. Sometimes it would get so bad my dad would go to work and sleep there for a week before coming back for us. We were never in any physical danger but my 2 sisters, dad and I are still building each other's emotional foundations up after that very long ordeal. I don't know where my mom lives, just the town, I don't know who's in her life. She's in a coma and we found someone's name tattooed on her shoulder we don't even know. I still feel the love for my mother every son should feel but also a resentment for the way she treated us and a yearning to talk to her again for closure. It's confusing how I should feel and what to do. This is a woman that purposely kept me from the doctor for 2 weeks when my arm broke in 3rd grade because she couldn't trust my cries of pain and awkwardly bent arm; she gave my sister a used tampon for Christmas exclaiming it was a joke but never gave her anything else. My mom systematically slept with my youngest sister's teachers because my mom was jealous of how well my sister was performing in school. My mother ruined our lives to the best of her ability in more ways than can be written in 2000 characters, but seeing her in the hospital bed, unconscious, hooked up to all the machines still made us 3 children cry. Now we are presented with the options of staying to see if she wakes in the next few days so we may try to rekindle our relationship, or leave before she wakes up so we can continue to live our lives without the fear of the toxicity returning to our home. We don't actually even know if she will wake up from her coma, so we could be saying our final goodbyes, or if we leave and she wakes up I fear she may blame us for not being there for her and never let us have our mom back
2 mo
Sorry it's so long, this actually is happening now and it's a lot to process. But is a terrible mom better than no mom. My youngest sibling is 17 now the oldest is 25. Dad won't even hop into the hospital building she's in
2 mo
So she's now officially in a coma. She has no brain activity. She had a massive stroke and wasn't found for a day and a half and her brain was starved of oxygen. We are pulling the plug soon. Thanks for any support that was given
My mom is dying, what do I do?
4
6