Does true friendship without jealousy, competition, backstabbing, and using exist?

Especially among 20-somethings? It seems that it's rampant in my age group, just as bad as with teenagers. In fact, it doesn't seem like much has changed since high school and people my age are still extremely cruel to each other.

I'm not perfect by any means, but I know I have a good heart and would make a wonderful best friend and confidant to someone. It's just so hard to find someone who feels the same way.

My current best friend is visibly annoyed at the sight of anything bringing me happiness, which is heartbreaking. I feel he also resents me for it.
15
6