Mom question: What would you do if you found out your kid got a ride from a complete stranger even if it turned out ok?

Stoner710
So I was driving home from my parents house and right as I get to the stop sigh to turn into the school apartments when this kid I think 10ish on (he might be 8 or 9 idk) anyway he asked me for a ride, it was close so I put his bike in the trunk I took him straight home.

the mother when we got there asked me how I knew her son I said I didn’t he asked me for a ride home so I gave it to him. She was shocked thanked me for not being a creeper and I said no problem and told her I plan on being a future history teacher and that I have nieces and a nephew of my own so I told her I always watch out for kids. She said she was a future angry mother wall I was giving a couple kids A Dr Pepper from a 12 pack. I heard her tell her son you better say goodbye to your friends because you won’t be seeing them for a very long time.

i think I just got the kid grounded for a year.

what would your reaction be as a parent
2
2