Is it bad to often want to be around those like yourself?

Not saying, you alienate yourself from those different. Like you’ll make smalltalk with them, but at the end of the day, you only try to build a relationship with those similar to yourself? My so called friends of the past were similar in ways but it was like 50/50. Some of them were into smoking/drinking/partying and i didn't want to associate with that. I need you to be like 75/100 similar-wise for me to wanna keep you round longterm. I want a partner similar to myself as well. Like 90+. I used to enjoy quality time with my family because we were similar in interests and ways. But now they have different mindsets from myself. Plus all they care about is dollar signs rather than emotions. So i lost interest in them. I’d love for my kid to be a mini me and they prob will be (at least age 7 and under) until they get a voice/mind of their own. Hopefully this doesn't all sound narcissitic but I don't know how else to word it. I definitely dont think im better than others or anything. I just like to be around the closest thing to myself. I want to feel in my comfortzone as much as possible because i won't get that at work 🙄#FeelFreeToList #JustLikeMe
Add Opinion