What is your idea of friendship?

I'm talking both the ones you make in your day to day life and ones you may make online, what do you think friendship is all about?

I don't connect to people easily, never have. I had friends growing up but not a lot, I saw them more at school then I did outside of it. Then after I graduated 8th grade, I didn't have friends for 5 years. Then I joined this site and made some friends. Some are still in my life, most have left which I'm use to at this point. It just seems my idea of friendship and other people's is not the same. I always make all the effort but they don't make any effort for me, then they eventually flee. I just wonder what's so wrong with me that no one thinks I'm worth the time or effort, it's just sad sometimes.

So, all of that is why I'm asking this question, what do you think friendship is or should be?
What is your idea of friendship?
22
10