Why do I want to protect people around me?

I am 34 years old, I am an only child and I am single.

I have the feeling that I want to protect people around me (friends, nephews, cousins, friend siblings) This happend since 6 months ago.

I even feel like I want to protect my friend's brother , I had not seen him for 16 years and yesterday I attended my friend's wedding that it is was the first time I talking to him

We was in same school for 5 years , he is about 1 year younger than me , at that time I knew that he is my close friend's brother but I never had a chance to talk with him , yesturday I need a little help so I consult him cause at the wedding I only know my friend and him

I have the feeling that he is a younger boy , he is a part of my friend that is like a part of me that I need to protect and need him to be happy in life.

I am not sure if it because of the deep connection between me and people around me or my maternal hormones, my age or anything else.

Thanks in Advance.
5
1