Why are my in laws being like this?

So long story short, I've been with my husband for 5 years and maintained a lo by distance relationship with regular visits and moved from England to the US to be with him. It's been very tough the whole process. Shortly after I got here, we got married. It's been no secret there's been issues with his parents as their not exactly normal people, but I have to say I was expecting more from everyone else. So one particular incident that I can't wrap my head around is on the day my husbands mother suggested photos with me, her and my brothers wife as we now all shared the same name. My husbands other brother has a girlfriend who got offended she wasn't included so I immediately called her over and took pictures with her. Apparently the wife of my husbands brother whom I first took pictures with was somehow also offended that I just wanted a one on one picture with the other brothers girlfriend. Somehow this is all my fault and I made her feel uncomfortable and now the relationship between me and his brother and wife is tainted despite me apologising. I can't help but feel she is making something out of nothing and am not sure what the real issue is as they didn't seem friendly from the start anyway. May I point out this was my first time meeting everyone since moving to the country and was understandably nervous and distracted trying to give everyone equal attention.
7 d
Forgot to mention all this happened on my wedding day.
7 d
The issue was also with my husbands brothers wife not mine 🤦‍♂️
Why are my in laws being like this?
2
0