Can you guys/girls give me your opinion on this situation I'm going through with my parents and moving out?

Physics-Man
I found an apartment 4.6 miles away from my Mom's house and my parents don't want me to move out that far away. But I don't think it's that far away at all and it just happened to be that distance because that was the cheapest studio apartment I could find at $1,350 per month in the San Fernando Valley. My stepdad was arguing with me about how much of an ingrate I was because I was moving so far away and that I needed to be close to my Mom because she has epilepsy and she still sees me as her "little boy" even though I'm 30 years old. She worries a lot about me and worry causes her epilepsy to trigger. But I find it ridiculous, because this basically means that I can't live in another state or explore the world because of her worry? I thought it was funny because if I chose to stay with my mom or live closer to her, then I'm not an ingrate? Naturally, my stepdad just said that he understands that I'm 30 and that I have to become independent... but that at the same time, this demonstrates that I don't care about my Mom. Which I think is lunacy! I can't live life then! This is essentially what it all boiled down to.
0
9