Why are my "friends" excluding me and acting like its nothing?

nopedydoo
so we have a sweethearts dance this Saturday, and one of my friends (friend A) and i have had a tradition to go to every dance so far in hs together. she decided she didn't want to go this year, bc she didn't want to see the underclassmen, so she was gonna wait till prom (which is only upperclassmen). then i was kind of set on not going. afterwards, another friend (friend B), who was kind of asking me if i was going, bc apparently her boyfriend didn't want to go and none of her friends did either. (also keep in mind A, B and me and have been besties for awhile). anyways i told her i would think about it because its been kind of weird lately between me and B, our convos feel forced and i feel like we're drifring apart, so i didn't know how fun it would be to go. after a couple days i was like screw it, i need to put efforr into our friendship and asked B if she was still planning on going, and turns out she got her boyfriend to go and was going with "other couples". it was so vague and it seemed like she was implying i needed a date to go with them and that i wouldn't know anybody, plus when she's with her boyfriend i get totally ignored so i told her nvm. then i just found out from A that she actually decided to go with B's group WITH A GUY WHO IS IN LOVE WITH HER AND WHO SHE KEEPS REJECTING AND NOW SHE IS TOTALLY LEADING HIM ON (thats a whole nother rant...). neither of them told me anything until judt yesterday and they both know i love going to dances and i just dont get it...

a similar thing happened for homecoming where i ended up not going bc they excluded me again. they both told me they werent gonna go to the dance, then when i was tryna convince A to go with me she was like "sorry im already going with my other friends... ig you can go with me". at this point i said yes, but then pretended to be sick the day of the dance bc 1. im pretty sure that friend group hates me 2. it seemed like she didn't actually want me going with them and was only trying to be polite
7 d
then B, after telling me she dodnt want to go, wouldn't stop bragging to me about how she qas going with a group of guys and was gonna be the only girl. i was hoping shed invite me into their group... since she knowa i wanted to go to the dance... but she never did. i didn't say anything bc i didn't want to be a tag along and unwanted
7 d
i dont understand why this is happening to our friendship. we were so close last year and now both A and B have been choosing other people over me when we were besties. at this point I've found friends to replace the old trio... but its still sad and i just dont understand why this had to happen and why they are still acting so fake if they dont like me
5
2