Ghosted my best female friend while I was going through many life challenges. I felt she would be better off without me. Now how do I contact her?

Anonymous
My best friend is a very caring person she cares about every single human being she meets. She cared about me too, I told her about a life situation and she asked me to keep in touch, I did not because my situation was out of my control and I got depressed trying to fix it. I really had bad months almost a year even ended up in therapy. The thing is she is one of the best things that ever happened to me. I miss her a lot, I ghosted her because I was trying to protect her from getting sad about my situation. How to contact her again after almost a year? will she act mad?
13
3