Was I wrong to ghost her?

Twistboy101
So there’s this girl. We work at the same job and got a degree from the same college and she will be going to my university in the fall. I’ve known her for over a year but we started texting like everyday since about October. I developed a crush on her, never told her but I did ask her if she was in a relationship and she was. So I stopped liking her kinda, and we stayed friends. Fast forward to about 1.5-2 months ago, her boyfriend of 4 years breaks up with her, she’s heartbroken and I help her through it all. In that process, I started to like her again. And she would send me kisses and hearts and even double text me when I didn’t text her back. She even said she missed me when we didn’t text for a few days 2 weeks ago. But I had to be true to myself. Was a ready to pursue her, and to be in a relationship? The answer is painfully no. So I made that up in my mind and also made it up in my mind that I had to distance myself from her. It took me about 2-3 weeks (til now) to do this. Last week I leave her on read. We didn’t talk for about 4 days, she texts me on Thursday after I post a Snapchat. We text all day Thursday and Friday and early Saturday morning I left her on read again. Was I wrong? Honestly having the crush on her and talking to her made me feel unhappy, and I put her happiness ahead of my own when I helped her through the breakup. So now, I am focusing on my own happiness and accepting the fact that I’m not ready for any relationship with a girl right now. Let me know what you guys think if you read this far.
Was I wrong to ghost her?
Add Opinion