I feel like a bad best friend, am I a bad best friend?

Anonymous
The complex thing about me and this guy being besties is we have feelings for each other and it’s a lot to consider dating because of the fact the friendship can be destroyed if all doesn’t work out. He has been left in many shit like relationships that didn’t work out and has felt guilty and sad. I don’t really ask him for much help whether it’s with school or advice. He has this idea that I’m perfect and he believes whether I ask for help or not I’m still perfect and smart, something he can’t class with he says because he’s dumb and always needs help or me here. I’ve reassured him a lot that’s not the case I just have a hard time asking for help because people never usually helped him, but he’s still in disbelief. Anyways this girl I knew became friends With him through me. And well after she lost her best friend she tried to pull us apart a lot. He would be doing her hw, buying her food, etc because she played the victim. Anyways when we were close we were talking me and her and she said something about his family and wondering how they looked. I’m so stupid for doing this but I screenshotted a photo of his family, just his mom and brothers and sent it. I felt guilty after and silly for doing it and deleted it fast from my camera roll. This happened 8 months ago. So he was shading me for a few months and I felt super guilty and dumb for doing it but we were okay. Then he told me about it, and how she wasn’t to blame because they were going through each other’s phone. The thing is she looked at our texts, his phone for nudes, and made up a bunch of lies to drift our friendship. She had even told me he’d have to get over the death of his dad one day when we were speaking about the issues he’d face surrounding this, he lost his dad at 7– and remains very scarred. But yeah. I don’t know why but she stalks my profiles, follows people on my list, stalks him, etc. She doesn’t speak to me anymore because I just put an end to her nonsense.
3 mo
I’m always there for my best friend, not her. I’m not even kidding when they used to go to the same college before he transferred to mine she’d cut any call me and her had when he’d come in. Even told me he didn’t wanna be around me, which he said he’d never say. He has goru ke being around me because he’s shy and I feel like he thinks Something intimate may happen. i feel like a bad best friend and I don’t know what to do?
3 mo
I really tried to hide everything because I didn’t want to be selfish. But I’ve noticed these patterns, and how she really depends on him as a friend since she has none. And when she finds friends she forgets about him— he’s always the one to be pushed to the side in groups I’m the only one who hasn’t done this. But yeah, she got so mad about this idea of him liking me or me speaking to him before class and all that.
1
0